Daily ventricular premature (irregular) heartbeat report (extrasystoles AKA)

Count the average number of extrasystoles AKA ventricular premature beats (VPBs) per day. You can use a fourier transform on the continuous heart rate monitoring to see if there's a second period of a skipping beat. Divide heart rate by second period to find the period (VPB-1, VPB-2, VPB-3) and estimate percentage of VPBs.
6 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SpO2, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having a daily ventricular premature (irregular) heartbeat report to monitor a second period of a skipping beat. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

SpO2
Recovery Runner
SpO2
Recovery Runner
Fitbit Sense does not recognize a perfect textbook example VPB's, and assesses them as "Inconclusive". So the Fitbit Sense knows VPB's are not a "normal sinus rhythm". Can we get these recognized, and assess if they are occasional (common) or constant (bad) in the ECG?

Constant VPB's usually have a pattern of 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 beats before the VPB.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SpO2, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see daily ventricular premature details. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

SpO2
Recovery Runner

@YojanaFitbit The suggestions were different. Can you make it a unique suggestion? The suggestion at the top is to count (all) irregular heart beats during the day, using the HR sensor.

The suggestion you merged was about Fitbit failing to recognize certain PVC's in ECG-mode. I can help by providing data to the development team so they can build the algorithm to recognize PVC's.

This image might explain better:

fitbit 2-vpb.png

What you see here is 2-PVC. Chronic PVC's usually come in a pattern of 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 beats before the PVC.

PS - I see/use mixed terminology for the same thing: PVB, PVC, VPB, VPC, they all mean the same thing. I'm not sure what the official medical abbreviation is.

SpO2
Recovery Runner

Here is the above feature suggestion: "Improve irregular heart beat detection".

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.