Dark Theme in Fitbit App for Android and iOS

Hello, It is a sincere request to add the dark theme for the android application as the appearance of the application during night time is very bright and with the dark theme it will be easier to use the application and not cause any harm to one's eyesight 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

237 Comments
KaleidoScope978
First Steps
Please enable dark mode on the Fitbit app. Every other app in existence is able to, why can’t this one?
Giampi71
5K Racer

Sorry but the suggestion has been labelled "not currently planned".

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @KaleidoScope978, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having a dark mode on the Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. We'll keep tracking this request over time, so please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Meomie
Jogger
Please create a Dark Mode, or Dark Theme, for your app.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @Meomie, thanks for sharing your idea about the possibility of having a dark mode or dark theme for the Fitbit app. I noticed that a similar suggestions has already been posted, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized.

Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time.

Santiago_R
First Steps
Dark Mode for the App.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Santiago_Rthanks for sharing all your feedback about the possibility of having a dark mode for the Fitbit app. I noticed this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is currently under Non Currently Planned status. This helps to keep the forums more organized. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

Tizz
First Steps
Please add a dark mode to the app with dark background/light txt
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Tizz, thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding a dark mode to the Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Complainingbob
First Steps
Need an option to change the white background. I get I can turn my brightness down but for an app that I pay monthly for I feel like that feature should be there.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Complainingbob, thanks for sharing your feedback about having the option to use Dark move on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

BickeringBean61
First Steps
Please for the sake of everyone who owns a Fitbit and uses an iPhone, add a dark mode option to the app!!!
Plunky
Jogger
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @BickeringBean61, thanks for requesting to add a dark mode option to the Fitbit app for iOS. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Noobsama
First Steps
Kindly really requesting a dark mode for the fitbit app,please
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Noobsama, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of having a Dark Mode on the Fitbit app. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
We need a dark mode
Guy_
Space Racer

Yes we do, you can add your vote here, not that it will make any difference as it's marked "Not currently planned" since 2017 !

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having a dark mode on the Fitbit app with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

LouiseN
Jogger
I would like to have the option to automatic switch the Fitbit app to dark/night mode at nighttime. The app is very bright when using late at night or early in the morning.
Odyssey13
Community Legend

Hi @LouiseN  with my Android phone, I can make it a darker theme. Have you explored your options?

Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @LouiseN  -  yes absolutely, in this day and age it should be possible to do this on any phone.

There is another feature suggestion for this but it is marked not currently planned since 2017.

@Odyssey13-  you must have a modified phone or beta privileges, but for normal phone users the Fitbit App dark theme does not exist, otherwise the feature suggestion would be marked released.

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LouiseN, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of having a dark/night mode at nighttime available on the Fitbit app. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community!

superdadof2grls
First Steps
The current mobile app is painfully bright to the eye in low light situations and needs a dark mode. Most apps in 2022 have a dark mode or support android's /IOS dark mode settings. Fit bit needs to do this.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @superdadof2grls, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding dark mode to the Fitbit app for Android and iOS. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.