Diabetic App

Please consider making a separate app for Diabetics to add. I love my March Blossoms clock face, but would also like to add my info as a diabetic to a medical app. Get notifications when Fitbit detecting hypoglycemic episodes symptoms. Thank you.

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity/Added Labels

32 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. I think this app would be very popular. Keen to hear what others think?

DeniseJacobs
First Steps
Thanks! Hope you add the app very soon! I know a few people, including myself, who would use it!!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Shirleywhistle
First Steps

I would like to track my blood glucose so that I can compare it with what I ate and what exercise I had.   The water glass feature does  not work because I need to track the time of the blood test.    It would also be useful, in addition to the meal, to add the time of the meal so that it can be compared to the blood test.   It is important to know that a test was before the meal, and the times after the meal to track the rise and fall of the levels.  It would be helpful if these two (food and blood) would show up on the same chart.  It would be enough for me to enter the blood glucose numbers on the cell phone, but also on the fitbit might be helpful for some.   The blood glucose meter companies are not far enough along in development to make me want a connection between the meter and fitbit - if I have to stick myself or have a device attached, I might as well add the info manually.   When I no longer need stick, then it may be automatic.   

MBsnowman
First Steps

I notice that there was a lot of developer activity in the Pebble community for CGM watch face apps that connected to various smartphone apps, which in turn connected to the Libre/Miao Miao systems to provide CGM data on the watch. 

Now that Fitbit has absorbed the Pebble platform - are there any plans to reach out to these developers to make similar functionality? I have a Versa, and it would be great to be able to sync up this critical health information onto my watch while I'm running.

Shirleywhistle
First Steps
I second the idea of communication with diabetic devices. My existing meters may be downloaded to my computer. I am purchasing one the is even more efficient and has a monthly fee and a website. The biggest problem I have is correlating what I eat with my resulting blood sugar. There are millions of diabetics. I am sure that medicare would pay some or all of the costs of fitbit if it helped diabetics. I think that it is rare that you will find a government funded customer base. Take advantage of us. Regards, Eric
SuzukiDust
First Steps

Fitbit Versa, iPhone and Freestyle Libre - if all 3 could work together that would be an amazing, useful and potentially lifesaving app in the long term. 

Shirleywhistle
First Steps
I track my blood sugar and related info on Dario. Please add Dario info as an option on the dashboard.
SBt1d
First Steps

I think it would be helpful to be able to enter how much insulin I took with a meal and to be able to enter what my blood sugar is or for the FitBit app to sync with my Freestyle Libre.

mcanes68
First Steps

It would be amazing to have a glucose tracker as part of the Fitbit dashboard.  Looking through so many apps, they include exercise diaries, food  diaries etc.  I already have that on my Fitbit app and don't wish to add any more apps to my phone.

Mam6120
Recovery Runner

I would much prefer an app for diabetes than women's health.  I am a 76 to woman and don't need the women's health app.  There are more users (both men and women) who could use an app to track blood suger and how it responds to exercise and medication.  I would like to be able to delet or hide the women's app.  

drea_extrasweet
First Steps

I would love if my Dexcom G6 could communicate with my Versa. My omnipod could connect to the Fitbit App. That way we can see trends based on food log, activity and medication.

Patfromcheek
Jogger

Please add the Dexcom app!! It would be a great addition.

Patfromcheek
Jogger

Add Dexcom

Pharoahsgal
First Steps

I am type 2 diabetic....an app that measures sugar content would be good....similar to the calorie count in every day food it would let me see if the items I am eating have higher sugar levels and would be a fantastic help as I have to watch sugar as well as calorie intake

Apps78
First Steps

Hi ,

I am a type 2 diabetic. Use phable to record blood sugar and it shows trends dashboard

Would love to see an app for the same innfitnit versa 2.

Apps78
First Steps

Hi ,

I am a type 2 diabetic. Use phable to record blood sugar and it shows trends dashboard

Would love to see an app for the same in fitbit versa 2.

Typetwo
First Steps

Until an app is built can we just have a spot to manually enter glucose levels so we can see how exercise and diet effects levels? A simple manual entry as we do for water and food would suffice. Doesn’t seem like it would be that big of a change. As a type 2 diabetic everything we do and put into this device effects our blood sugar so why can’t we enter and track?

Nanas9
Jogger

Has anything been done on adding a sync to a diabetes app or adding a space to put in info? I have Type 3C diabetes but since most don’t know what that is, the medical profession puts me in the Type 1 category. Anyway, I use FitBit Inspire HR and Glucose Buddy. I have to put my meals in twice in order to have both apps tracking correctly. Sure would be nice to be able to sync! I would be happy to use a different glucose app if that is needed. Let’s do this! 

RubyTore
First Steps

I use FreeStyle Libre Link App and would love to link that with my FitBit, have all the data in one place. Plus, lately my blood sugar has been going low and I might look into an attachment that will allow for alerts that can sync to a smart watch, but if FitBit doesn't count under that sync ability I may have to leave FitBit behind.

Pharoahsgal
First Steps
Obviously fitbit are not listening......but dont know why people are messaging me directly about wanting an app...try messaging fitbit Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Shirleywhistle
First Steps
I agree. It may lead to my leaving if the other apps act first.
Nanas9
Jogger

I now use FitBit and MyNetDiary with dIabetes app. It works good getting the 2 to sync but wow would it be nice to have it all in one place! Come on FitBit, add diabetes functions and food tracking like MyNetDiary. It’s hands above the other food trackers I’ve used!

BrennaClark
First Steps

I would really like to see Fitbit include something for diabetics, whether it is linking a CGM to display blood sugar on the screen, or allowing users to input their blood sugar manually. You could also include the option to record units of insulin taken! 

It has been a couple years since this post was made so it feels hopeless to comment, but it would be so useful as I’m trying to get into the fitbit, and using multiple apps/devices is a bit tedious. 

CRAIGEEPOO
First Steps
Develop an update for (perhaps) the FITBIT SENSE, that would detect changes in the body while sleeping and SOUND AN ALARM or vibrate when it sensed lowering of body skin temperature, heart pounding palpitations, sweating, shakiness or dizziness. These are common conditions can be quickly remedied IF you can wake up and address them.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @CRAIGEEPOO, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to get a notifications when Fitbit detecting hypoglycemic episodes. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.