Display heart rate and other stats on the phone while biking

I commute to work by bike and I would love to be able to see and log my current heart rate along with my current biking stats (e.g. distance travelled, total time, current speed, etc…) all from my phone mounted to my bike

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

6 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @AlexDresler, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about displaying heart rate on biking activity. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

evan.rys
First Steps

I agree this would be a nice feature

charleskn
Distance Runner

This should be available for all activities. To be able to monitor your HR & zones live on your mobile device. Great for the treadmill, elliptical, rowing machine, etc.

MaryHone
Jogger
I have the Charge 5. When biking it's about impossible to safely scroll the screens looking for time, distance, MPH etc. It would be great if there was a way to have all this, plus your heartrate on the screen of your phone where it could easily be seen. Also, auto pause when biking would be great.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MaryHone, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board.  I've moved one into a similar request. You can see the second one here, where you can add your vote to this existing suggestion:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

mastermobin
First Steps

It would be awesome.

I use my Pixel Watch to track my cycling. I always want to see my stats during the activity. When I want to do that, it causes too much distraction for me since the watch screen is small to read. It's just dangerous for that activity with high speed. The stats on the watch are quiet useless for cycling. But, having the stats on the mounted phone would be awesome, and usable.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.