Display remaining steps for hourly activity on Fitbit app

It would be nice to display in the App's Hourly Activity dashboard the number of steps that you need for the current hour to meet 250 steps.  Also would be nice on the Alta display, not just when there is 10 minutes left in the hour, which only show the number left sometimes. 

Moderator Edit: Updated title for clarity and labels.

234 Comments
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @FrMalcolm, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

lilsal
Jogger
Add notification or badge when we complete 250 steps hourly - best would be to tell us how many steps are left to do but you found it not important enough to do.... It's a simple calculation and couple of UI updates - don't understand why this isn't done... what's the point if we don't have the goal for the hour?? Please consider... I created a spr
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @lilsal, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see remaining steps for hourly step target. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. You can also check this helpful article: What's my Fitbit hourly activity goal? Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Jerry2019
Jogger
When I get my hourly step reminder I would like to know how many steps I need to hit 250 for the hour. Oftentimes the reminder says “Wanna Stroll?” or some other motivational message, but it doesn’t always tell me how many steps I need to hit the 250.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jerry2019, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see remaining steps for hourly step target. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Pksrowland37
Base Runner
I’d like to be able to quickly see how many steps are needed to win the hour on demand.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Pksrowland37, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having the remaining steps to complete the hourly activity displayed on Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Stephanie805
First Steps
On the app, for the 250+ steps per hour. add the current step count for the current hour on the home page. So I can reference my phone for step count rather than the Fitbit screen.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Stephanie805, thanks for sharing this suggestion about displaying the remaining steps to achieve your hourly activity goal in the Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.