Display remaining steps for hourly activity on Fitbit app

It would be nice to display in the App's Hourly Activity dashboard the number of steps that you need for the current hour to meet 250 steps.  Also would be nice on the Alta display, not just when there is 10 minutes left in the hour, which only show the number left sometimes. 

Moderator Edit: Updated title for clarity and labels.

234 Comments
mommyisinit2win
First Steps

agree! I've been thinking this for awhile!

mommyisinit2win
First Steps

I agree!

JennyJenn
Base Runner

I would love this feature, too. To know exactly how many steps I've taken and how many I have left to take. When I'm home, I can set up my phone next to me and jog in place until the dot fills in - but that's pretty ridiculous. When I'm out and about? I simply have no way of knowing how many I've taken and how many I have left before the hour is up.

JennyJenn
Base Runner

I would love this feature, too. To see how many steps I've taken and need to take for the hour.

WalkingShui
First Steps
I would love this feature. I like to hit 100% of my goals and once I miss a time slot then there's no point to continue cause I can't make up the hour. So it's all or nothing. Like the original poster said, you can show the number of steps taken per hour and just have it reset back to 0 at the end of every hour. Also have an hourly buzz we can choose to enable so we know a new hour had begun
bobk1
Jogger

Great idea

pean
First Steps
Yes! I want this.
Bec311
First Steps

I would love this feature. I often wonder when I don't get it, if I missed it by only a few steps, maybe even only 1 step!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Fab 🙂 Heart
Isuzyq1
First Steps
This is great. I am always wondering how many more to go or how many in that hour. Would love to see this feature.
Barbaras11
Jogger
Totally agree. Even better If the number of Steps to 250 were always available to view

Sent from my iPhone
Would like to see this feature added.
tony09
First Steps

I often don't notice when my blaze reminds me to move. I would like to be notified through the fitbit app on my phone.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Sarasotan
Base Runner

I appreciate that the Alta reminds me at 10 minutes before the hour that I need steps to reach 250.  Often it tells me exactly how many steps I need.  But sometimes I get a generic message like, "Wanna stroll?"   This is not nearly as helpful as a number of steps is.   Thank you for your consideration.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend
I don't k ow a out the Alta however the Charge 2 tells you how many steps of the 250 you have walked this hour.
Sarasotan
Base Runner
​Thanks. The Alta sometimes does, but sometimes it says things like,'Wanna
stroll?" or "Let's go for a walk." I'd definitely prefer the steps.​
Nubes
First Steps
Yes, yes, yes. It would be great to know how many more steps are needed to meet the goal and not just the initial notification.
Benne250
First Steps
When you get the reminder to move have it countdown with each step to reach your 250 goal.
Sanat
Jogger

Isnt this feature already present on the blaze? Third item under the "Today" menu. It shows step count for that hour, which keeps incrementing till you achieve the hourly goal, and thereafter it shows the hours for which you have completed this goal.

Phillyt2k
Stepping Up
Most definitely! Hourly step counter and reminder vibrations for the HR charge! Please.......😊
Sarvamittra
Jogger
Indication of Residual steps left for completing 250/hr would be a good feature to have
Sarasotan
Base Runner
Absolutely. And the technology is obviously there, since often steps
remaining do show.
MLemon
Jogger

I would really like this!

DAK8273
Base Runner

When I saw this, I thought it was something that I had posted.  I've been asking for this exact samething for months.  I got on here to see my ltest post, but found yours instead.

Wonderful idea!

Sarvamittra
Jogger

Nice2know Fitbit cares for FitBit Community, lets all of us : Happy Fit Bitters say a Big ThankYou in the Advance to the product Dev team of FitBit

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.