Display 'weight of food' on serving sizes

When viewing a food item, "serving size" and "calories" are displayed. It would be helpful if the weight/quantity of the serving is also included. For example, White Rice- common is 180 calories per serving. How many ounces or grams is one serving? If I ate 6 ounces of white rice, how many calories was that?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

5 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @marktama, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about displaying 'weight of food' on serving sizes. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Lawrence9
First Steps
The Nutrition Facts need to indicate per serving or per unit of weight. Then, when someone opens the daily Nutrition Facts, each of the Foods ate that day need to be multiplied by the serving size for that day and then added together. It's simple math to code, not protected IP, and it would cause people to want to use your app rather than leave it.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Lawrence9, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to display 'weight of food' on serving sizes. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices.You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

ken.I
First Steps
Foods should indicate the weight of a serving in order to be accurate in terms of caloric intake. The fact that there is no relationship between measure and serving size makes the food analysis inaccurate and therefore useless. Perhaps this is a nitpick, but it should be a standard fact that is included in nutritional analysis.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @ken.I, thanks for sharing your idea about the possibility of adding weight details to food serving in the Fitbit app. I noticed that a similar suggestions has already been posted, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized.

Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time.

Thank you for your participation in the Community forums. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.