Easier way to attach Fitbit bands and having longer charging cords

I would like to see the attachment for the band be like the way in which the Alta hr is attached. The pin on the inspire hr is difficult to manipulate and subject to breakage. Also the battery charging cord needs to be longer.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

8 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner , and thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about having the attachment for the band be like the way in which other trackers are attached, with a buckle. 

We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Thank you again for sharing your ideas. 

monatx
Jogger

I had an Alta. It was very easy to change the band. I can't get the band off the Inspire HR because I have arthritis and all the tiny little motions involved in pushing the pin simultaneous with sliding the band are nearly impossible for me. When my Alta stopped working my husband got me the Inspire for my birthday. It never occurred to me that changing the model would change the process. If you aren't going to standardize the process at least warn people before they buy the product of the differences.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @monatx, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner and thanks for sharing this suggestion. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

KelliCanada
Jogger

How about using the latch strap method on all FBs. I assumed it would be the same, and when I bought the Inspire (Which I love) I found out that there is a pin mechanism, which requires me to use a screwdriver to change straps.

Very frustrating.

I love wearing my FB with different straps. So when I discovered it had a different pin strap instead of the eay click latch strap as the Alta, I wish I hadnt bought it, I would have stayed with my Alta. 😞

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @KelliCanada, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

SClaire49
First Steps

I would like to vote for this suggestion, but it seems the ability to vote for it is turned off. I recently bought an Inspire HR to replace my Alta HR. I have ordered 9 different bands and returned all because of the difficulty in changing the bands. I have poor eye sight, so it's not easy to find the little hole that for the pin and with arthritis in my hands it's very difficult to work the pin. I like the ability to change bands for different occasions. I was so disappointed that I returned the Inspire (which I really liked a lot for many reasons) and ordered a new Alta HR. 

Sandella
Jogger

I totally agree! The cord is way too short! Annoying!!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.