Easy way to take off Versa bands

So, I'm sad because i broke the pin on my fitbit versa and now it won't come off. I have to send my fitbit away and wait for a new one to arrive. I will take approximately 10 days.  My suggestion to fix this issue is put a small hole on the outside at each end in order to push the pin to release. Kinda like when the disk drive on your computer would not open you could insert a paper clip in the little hole in order to release the drive. This would save a lot of heartache and frustration. I tried to cut the band off with no success.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and label

22 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

datalore
Progression Runner

I love the watch, but I can't imagine you haven't seen numerous complaints about the band changing. It could be better. I hope they improve the band changing mechanism on future updates of the Versa. 

Hunter7Taylor
Recovery Runner

This is the 3rd time in two weeks the band has released on this brand new Versa!  This is absolutely frustrating & ridiculous! Fix the bands or prepare for merchandise returns!

Tori2251
Jogger

The band is terrible - you need to go back to something like the old blaze band. After struggling all afternoon to put the larger band on, I am about to return the watch.  It is beyond bad.  My nails a are in ruins and I feel so frustrated.

Tori2251
Jogger
Hunter7Taylor
Recovery Runner

I have this case from Amazon because the impractical, flawed, useless pin band caused the Versa to fall off my wrist three times! I love the Amazon band and is the chief reason why I'm keeping the Versa.

Karenbco
First Steps

Agreed!  The design on this band is terrible!  Doesn't matter if it is original or aftermarket,  it takes forever, unless you get it just so....45 degrees.  Even the, pain in the butt!

KDent
Jogger

I also am looking for a way to delete notifications on my phone.  It is taking up memory space.   Please address this problem as I am not the only one who has asked about it.

Bramati
First Steps

I'm very disappointed with the pin connectors on the newer styles. I bought my husband the Versa and just got a new Inspire HR after losing my Alta on vacation. The new pin connectors seem like a step backward from what the Alta had where they just snapped into place. I struggled to help my husband with bigger fingers to change the band on his Versa and cannot get the pins to line up on the additional band I bought to dress up my fitbit. I was also surprised that there were no pins in the new bands, meaning that I had to switch from band to band. No way these don't get lost somewhere along the way. I understand trying to make it better but I don't think this moves the products forward. 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Bramati! Nice idea! Thanks for explaining why it'd be great to have a different band design for your devices. I've moved it into a similar request. You can also check this other suggestion, post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support. See you around!

Jume
First Steps

I just opened and set up my Versa and have been trying for over half an hour to get the pin to click... every time I think I have it it just pops out

Jume
First Steps

I’ve watched the video and read the instructions for it but I just can’t get it to stay. I’m really disappointed I won’t be able to wear it right away 

Karenbco
First Steps
It is a total pain. However, it can be done.

Have the band at a 45 degree angle when attaching. Very important to have
at that angle.
Polyanna15
Base Runner

When I purchased my Versa there was an offer of a free gift wristband.  I chose the magnetic one as a change from the black one that was fitted BUT...Ive never been able to fit the metal wristband on my Versa....so frustrating as my original black band has now cracked...I feel reluctant to get another band incase it is the same as the silver magnetic one...I keep breaking my nails...then I give up for a few weeks...then try again!

Has anyone else had this problem with the 'gift' magnetic band on their Versa? I am beginning to wonder if it is for another model...rather than the Versa.

Lisbet1388
Jogger

I am so upset spending so long to attempt to change out my bands. It hurts my fingers trying to snap out that small pin. I don't understand why they didn't replace the Blaze with a similar option. The blaze was SO easy to pop-in and pop-out new bands and I never had an issue with the tracker falling out. You also could change the color of the frame. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Lisbet1388, this is a good idea. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

MightyRosebud
First Steps

I wish I'd seen all of these posts before I ordered the Versa 2 and attempted to change the band. It's been two days and despite watching videos and reading articles, neither my partner nor I could get the band back in. Now, I have a useless expensive gadget. So frustrated!!

Karenbco
First Steps
When you (attempt to) apply the band, it MUST be at a 45 degree angle.
That's the only way it will work. The first time i spent like an hour on
one side. The other side snapped right in. Sonetimes, you just have to
walk away & try again later. Good luck!
Polyanna15
Base Runner

Message to Recovery Runner

I too got the magnetic wristband..& like you keep trying to fit it to I've broken my nails...every few months I'll have another go & still no luck...my black wristband broke so I had to buy another one .I, like you was worried that it wouldn't fit but I ordered another similar to the black ( rubber?) one...& I had no problem fitting it..apart from the usual 45°angle etc! So, good luck...So disappointing though as the magnetic one looks great!!

Nicola555
First Steps

My Versa 2’s touchscreen recently died  just over a year after I bought it and after I contacted support for help, they sent me a replacement device. I was really impressed - until it arrived.

What I received was just a replacement watch and no strap. After two hours of trying to attach the strap from my old Versa, I’m giving up and chucking the whole thing out. It’s clearly poorly designed and poorly made. 

Polyanna15
Base Runner
Do persevere!! If I managed to change them Im sure you can too!
The key is having the strap at 45 degrees... There is a video on YouTube
that shows you.
Good luck!! Polyanna
Roshi
Jogger

The "pin" design on the Versa 2 is not user-friendly, prone to numerous failed attempts, and increasingly frustrating to all of us.   I have had it with this wrist band design and for the first time considering switching to another product instead of Fitbit.  A successful product should be intuitive, seamless, and frictionless for the customer.  If Fitbit were wise, they would listen to the voice of their users and change this Versa 2 band design and communicate the intent to do so out to their Fitbit community.  There is way too much competition out there to have us be frustrated by this flaw.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.