Edit Time of Daily Reset of Stats / Add Nightshift

Hi, It would be great if users could change the daily reset of stats to a different hour. We night owls who go sleep late after midnight now have to calculate the differences in our heads and that's not ideal. Thanks!

Moderator edit: labels and title for clarity

885 Comments
Amanda.veaudry
First Steps
To be able to set the time that your data is tracked without it being reset at midnight. So for example the "day" it would track would be 7pm on Feb 23rd to 9am on Feb 24th. Than the sleep time habits tracked would be 9am on Feb 24th to 7pm on Feb 24th.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Amanda.veaudry, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to select the your daily start and end times with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

kiralia
First Steps

2023 and still nothing planned for this.  Why is it so hard to just add a switch to a nightshift mode when so many people around the world have to work nights?  Not being able to even change the activity time window manually to my actual active hours is just terrible design.  This is not the 14th century where most people work according to the sun.  People have to work nights to keep the world running and people safe.

I don't see the point in paying for premium once the free trial runs out if things don't change and I certainly will not buy anything else from fitbit until this is fixed.  Though considering today I have seen threads with hundreds of comments and over a thousand votes dating back 6 years or more I shan't hold my breath.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @kiralia, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding night shift mode in order to track daily activities with us. Some similar ideas were already requested on this board and you can see them here:

Please support these ideas by adding your vote as this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

LSeago
First Steps
I need to be able to change the time of day that my day ends
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @LSeago, thanks for sharing this product feedback about being able to change the start of day to a different time with us. Because this idea was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Teslinbear
First Steps
I work second shift. I don't like that I can't meet my goals and close rings because I start work at a different time than everyone else. I like the Fitbit app but I feel like in 2023 we ought to be able to have a way to adjust active hours by now.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Teslinbear, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Product Feedback Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Product Feedback.

dono42
Jogger
In addition to morning and afternoon exercise, I occasionally walk late at night but do not return home until 12:30 or 1 AM before going to bed. The app starts the new day at exactly 12 AM though, so the data (steps, calories etc) gets split between two days. This also affects the data for the next day after waking up.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @dono42, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to change the daily reset of stats with us. Because this idea was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support and keep adding your suggestions!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.