Edit an outdoor bike activity created by SmartTrack

When I ride my bike the inspire HR auto creates an activity log entry (outdoor bike) for it but can not on it's own tell how far I have gone. I have an odometer on my bike and would like to be able to edit the log entry to add/track my daily ride distance.

Editado por moderador: Título actualizado para claridad.

6 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @JKibbee, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having an option to edit outdoor bike activities.

We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

OK, the cycling function is clunky at best. Auto recognising does not turn the GPS tracking on - why not? so we have to track cycling manually this is fine however speaking for myself I constantly forget to turn it off which just makes the details / average speed info useless. if I can edit the real finish time then it can become accurate surely?
Tashiba
First Steps

The versa watch seems to be tracking bike exercise well. I just purchased and used it today. The one thing i dislike, is after my bike exercise is complete and i hit finish in the watch, in the mobile app only my calories, active minutes, and BPM update. I am not seeing my bike miles being updated from the watch to the mobile app in the dashboard. I see the steps count as a default tracker in the dashboard and I should be able to change from step/bike/ or any other exercise I did. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Tashiba, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to edit an outdoor bike activity created by SmartTrack. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Tashiba
First Steps

Thank you for including this request with similar users requests, Yojana! 

SmartTrack has to include GPS for outdoor biking. Biking outdoors is all about distance. There is nothing smart about it if it can't turn on gps automatically after 10 mins, which can be 3-5 miles already. And having to stop on a busy street or waste time pulling over to slop a sweaty finger across the watch that doesn't want to start the exercise sucks. Of all the exercises, outdoor bike is the one where distance matters most. Running you can slow down and just start the exercise. But biking you can't. This is years old complaints. Why does it take physically touching my watch to trigger GPS?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.