Edit distance goal for Earth badge to match actual radius

I just received this Earth Badge notification, but what it states is incorrect. It says you have walked as far as it would take to reach the center of the Earth - 7900 miles. However, this shows confusion between diameter and radius. The diameter of the Earth is about 7900 miles, but the radius is half that. Walking 7900 miles is equivalent to walking the distance to the center of the Earth and back (or to the center and out the other side), not walking to the center of the Earth. Please modify appropriately. As a geologist, I appreciate that at least fitbit recognizes the Earth is spheroidal and not flat, so thanks for that!
IMG_4223.png

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

3 Comments
Odyssey13
Community Legend

Hi @Geologist1 that's interesting and I hope Fitbit can change that eventually to read correctly. Congrats on your accomplishment! I actually have an extended family member who insists the Earth is flat.

Podunk
Pace Setter

my grandfather, who was born in Sweden told me that the Earth was square, just like my head.

I loved my grandfather, and I know he would not have lied to me!!!!?

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Geologist1, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about editing the distance goal for the Earth badge to match the actual radius with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.