Elegant Dual Time Zone Clock Face

As a flight attendant traversing many time zones, it would be extremely helpful to have a native face clock with an elegant design of a dual time zone that’s easy to change even when your phone is in airplane mode. Please consider. I may have to go back to using my Apple Watch for work. Though I’d rather only have to use my new Fitbit Versa.

19 Comments
Status changed to: Third-Party App
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ricky128 thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re excited to let you know that this Feature Suggestion has been developed by a third party developer, and can be downloaded from the Fitbit App Gallery available on Fitbit Smartwatches. You’ll find it by selecting your connected Smartwatch (such as Fitbit Ionic or Versa) in the Fitbit app, then choosing the ‘Apps’ tile and toggling to ‘All Apps’ at the top of the screen. You can then explore third party apps by category and choose your favorite of the relevant options available (Analog). Happy exploring!

Please note that if you have feedback or a suggestion for the third party app, you can contact the developer directly (if they have shared their contact details publicly). Open their app in the Fitbit App Gallery and you’ll find their contact details under ‘app details’ or ‘clock face details’. Thanks.

ricky128
Jogger

Hi Alexandra, 

The current third party clock faces offered are niether elegant nor native (made by fitbit). I installed and tested the available options and they look ugly, difficult to use, and don’t inspire me to use my fitbit. Please let me know if there are no more plans to create and design elegant dual time clock faces. I’m well within the 45-day money-back return policy.

Giampi71
5K Racer

Dear @ricky128,

could you please post some pictures of what you think could be an elegant clockface so independent developers could try to give you a satisfactory result (not sure why you want them to be exclusively made by fitbit when developers demonstrated to be able to provide excellent results)?

Thanks

ricky128
Jogger

Hi @Giampi71,

I’m not a designer, nor very creative. This is why my request is for the FitBit team. After all they are the ones that sold me the watch. 

Apple’s approach was a modular design that is very customizable. Works great for my needs. 

I’m not bashing the third-party watch face community, but the current pixilated offerings aren’t something I want displayed on my wrist.

Giampi71
5K Racer

Can you at least try to describe an elegant clockface? Could it be the main clock with hands (analogic) and the second one digital?

ricky128
Jogger

Hi @Giampi71,

Here are a few pictures I could find from competitor watches. Some are analog with “widgets” for weather, time zones, and stats like step counts. If going with this design I’d like to be able to make time zones with cuztimazable three letter names within the same bubble to designate which time it is. In the airline industry we use three letter codes for airports. So I would be able to see Hong Kong time as “HKG” and the time in the same widget area.

I hope this is helpful.

B8CBF84D-7404-46AF-9014-50349F70D398.png

050CFF51-6E3F-4205-AD21-3AC7C07DD1DE.jpeg

23533270-C555-4EA5-BA17-04C99957057D.jpeg

Cobrastrike
Jogger

Looking at all three of the examples above, I would be willing to pay for something like these. I am more biased towards the analogue designs.

gladams
First Steps

Hello! I am a pilot and would also LOVE a clock face that I can have at least one other time zone. I’d like to have the main time as the current local time where I am and maybe in one of the corners have another option that holds one other time zone of our choosing such as eastern time, central time, etc! I’d also be willing to pay for a clock face like this. It seems that it would be relatively easy to add it to one of the existing options! If this does become available could someone email me at gladamd9@aol.com? Thank you!

Bartwan
Jogger

I agree completely.

Digital (computer) watches have had dual time options included in them for over half a century. 

Dual Time / World Time is an obvious watch feature to include in a watch like the Fitbit Versa/Ionic. This feature should come with the watch (made by Fitbit) not a third party add-on.

Fitbit have completely dropped the ball by not including a Dual Time watch face and/or a World Time app as standard features that come with the watch. 

A World Time app would simply allow the user to change the watch time to a new location right from the watch face by tapping a new city/country on a world map. I want my fitbit watch to have independence and the expected timekeeping functionality of a watch without constant connection to my mobile phone. 

The lack of native Dual Time/World Time functionality is a serious feature omission for the Fitbit Versa/Ionic that companies like Apple & Garmin did not overlook. 

Fitbit - please fix this issue and catch up to the competitors.

L10Group
Jogger

I travel for work and and manage APAC so this would be an awesome feature that I would use regularly. 

dgupta
First Steps

I'd second the idea as well. Having a native world clock or multi time zone option is a basic feature for a watch of Fitbit's calibre. Additional third party options are fine when they are just that, additional options for customizing the look and feel. Basic features should be part of Ionic or Versa, which are begin branded by Fitbit as "smartwatches".

Also, all the time zone clock faces I could fine were paid faces. Yes, I know its just a couple of dollars, but something as basic as this should be a native option and not behind a paywall. I'd gladly pay for it if I wanted to just change the look and feel of the face and liked something, but at-least the functionality should be available in the default Fitbit suite.

Please consider this as something to work on for your next update.

Neil_M_UK
First Steps

I see no reason to update until this feature comes in.

Make some new Fitbit clock faces or update the Fitbit clock faces 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Dylma2222233456, thanks for explaining why you would like to have more clock faces options for Versa. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

twisesq
Recovery Runner

It is a bit puzzling why these features don't come native with the watch (as an App, Widget, or Watch face). They are present on competitor devices (Garmin, Apple Watch), without relying on a developer community.

GraemeKer
First Steps

Hi All, 

Just witched from iWatch to Fitbit and the global times zone function is the only thing missing. Like many others I am based in APAC but work with EUR and USA so having these times would be ideal.

Jess166
First Steps

What happened to the world clock app/option that was on versa 2?

I don't need another clock on my main screen but I check multiple time zones regularly to call family overseas.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I`m struggling yo find a decente dual time face in 2023.... Thinking yo return muy new sensor 2.  At least one with UTC+0 please....

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I`m struggling to find a decent dual time face in 2023.... Thinking to return my new sense 2.  At least one with UTC+0 please....

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.