Emergency Contact Button or SOS Call (or sound)

As a woman, walking, running and biking alone can be dangerous. Is it possible to have an emergency alert button that shows the contact of my choice or the authorities a location and SOS signal? The Gear 2 has it in place and I loved it. You push a button 3 times to send the alert.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

137 Comments
Camprob
Recovery Runner

To add to my comment it would also call 999/911 if it detected little to no heartbeat not when you take off the tracker

emipou
First Steps

With this recent news about Eliza Fletcher, many runners have been rocked, it hits home so hard.

I know that Garmin offers an SOS feature, and I know the apple watch offers an SOS feature. It's high time that Fitbit offered something like this as well. You have the technology already in the device, you just need to hook it up. So Fitbit, do something about it and make your customers safer.

ThoseEyes
Jogger
OMG! People have been asking for this for YEARS. We see it offered on
devices for children and for seniors, but all Fitbit has been adding are
things they feel like they can charge extra for, "premium" services. How're
your sales going? are people really subscribing? I see reviews warning
people off of your products. Get back in touch with your market!
Aprila333
Recovery Runner

If Fitbit was smart, they could make this type of safety feature (which is ultimately health related) built into all of their products and advertise their devices as not just a fitness tracker but a device that doubles as one of those "I've fallen and can't get up" products so you can attract a  bigger crowd of people who could benefit from having one. (I know my mind was scattered trying to explain that one) lol

I can't think of anyone who wouldn't benifit from having an emergency sos button on their wrist 24/7!

Moderator Edit: Formatting

ThoseEyes
Jogger
They'll eventually bundle it into their premium service, just another
reason they lost me.
Jefferies2024
Base Runner

Hello, 

Fitbit team

I have just thought of something that me and your customers may want on the Fitbit device I was wondering if you could update the device to give us a fast way to connect Emergency services like with the Apple Watch. Thank you . just a thought. 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Jefferies2024, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to connect with emergency services directly from your Fitbit device with us. Because this product feedback was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

FearlessPhyl
Jogger

I would like to have an emergency life alert on my Fitbit.

Mollym440
Jogger
There are currently six pages in the community requesting this feature.   How many more does fitbit need before they actually add the feature?  So very frustrating for users and poor product planning on Fitbit's part.  
ThoseEyes
Jogger
They're probably deciding how much they can charge for this "premium"
feature.
Kirst10
First Steps
1. Emergency SOS feature built into devices no matter what.
2. Flashlight feature
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Kirst10, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Product Feedback Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Product Feedback.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.