Enable Celsius units on weather app without having to change distance to kilometers Ionic/Versa

Currently the ionic will only  display Celsius units when the distance unit is in 'kilometres'. It would be great if the ionic weather app displayed Celsius units regardless of the distance unit selected .... E.g, miles .

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

337 Comments
Meglaaarr
First Steps

As it has been pointed out by many others it is ridiculous to have weather linked to distance.

it disappoints me that a lot of the Fitbit apps are quite clearly aimed at an American audience when there is such a big UK market.

fitbit need to sort out their apps or risk losing customers

playscientist
First Steps

It's not a solution to the weather app problem  but I stumbled onto the Norda watchface, which lets you display temperature on the face in whichever units you like. Free, so may be worth trying.  

cropmark
First Steps
Thank you

Sent from my iPad
G1XOZ
Recovery Runner
Will take a look

Sent from my iPhone
Kerric18
First Steps

would like the option to be able to change the weather unit from Fahrenheit to Celsius without having to change the unit of distance. As I would like to keep my distance in miles but view the temperature in Celsius and with the current set up I cant do this.

Bootlace72
Jogger

At the moment if you are set for miles you get the temperature in Fahrenheit, to get Celsius you need to set it to kilometers. In the UK there are a lot of us that work on miles and Celsius. 

Please could it be made possible to select which temperature reading you prefer instead of dependent on distance units? Please? 

MT7
Keeping Pace

Another new UK Ionic user here, I'm baffled that I cannot use celsius and miles. I hope this is resolved soon!

pf2303
Base Runner

Fitbit are only interested in the wider population of America supporting their phones and banks. Little UK they aren't bothered with. Post these comments on Twitter, they respond to you. 

ligrlomk
Jogger

Seem to be lots of requests for this. When will it be fixed?

G1XOZ
Recovery Runner
Soon is not soon enough
MRSCTA
Recovery Runner

I vote for a separate unit choice for length and heat on the versa.

I want miles and Celsius at the same time,  I want to choose the options I prefer! There must be a way to separate these??

@

Llamalady02
Recovery Runner

I also vote for separate units for distance and temperature. I just got my Versa and want Celsius for temperatures and distance in miles (our road grids are in miles).

crobbins
Recovery Runner

I vote for separate units for distance and temperature

Drisc
Jogger

I’m in the UK and need to be able to have distance in miles and temperature in Celsius. Please can you make the change Fitbit, this is my only issue with the ionic at the moment.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

This is so important for UK and any other countries where they use a mix of imperial and metric.

I would like to have Celsius as a temperature and miles as distance! I live in the UK where we use that combination. 

Jon_
First Steps

Just got the versa which is brillant, I have noticed there is no selection for temperature from Celsius and Fahrenheit on their own.At the moment you have to change measurement to kilometres which gives you Celsius, the other selection is miles which gives you Fahrenheit.In the UK we measure in miles and Celsius there is no selection for this .would it be possible to add function tab to change temperature settings alone .

MichaelGrundie
Recovery Runner
Hi, welcome to Fitbit, they don’t care about the UK

Kind Regards
Michael Grundie

Hi, welcome to Fitbit, they don’t care about the UK

so true Smiley Sad

So many of these tech companies have great ideas and no idea about customer service
they start out and burn bright for a few years and then just as quickly are gone
I like my fitbit but the more I see of their approach to customer service the more I suspect that they wont be around long

Bubblyshell
First Steps

I have bought the Versa and how annoying that I can't have miles and the weather in celsius together.  I find this very frustrating that we can not have it in what we want.

pf2303
Base Runner

It's the last thickbit I'll ever buy. Absolute rubbish customer service. Garmin for me next, at least they work on android. 

I find this whole thread so sad.

Basically the core product is good, or at least I like mine. Its spoilt by basic errors in design and development and absolutely chronically bad service. 

This thread has been up for so long a child of 9 could have recoded the app by now. 

You also really have to question the diversity of the developers, and the absolute lack of analysis that went into the decisions they took. I mean of course the rest of the world looks exactly like your own back yard. Where was the UAT across the different regions ? if anyone had asked a UK person to test this it would have flagged the issue in 10 seconds.

I hope that they do get their act together, but I am not hopeful.

As it stands they are falling behind and once you are out of favour its a very quick slide to the bottom.

lexi83
Tempo Runner

coming from the UK we mainly use, feet and miles, stones for weight, millilitres for fluid, meters and for temperature Celsius. We don’t use Fahrenheit for temperature so that set up does not work for us. You should be able to choose what works for you 

Nick--B
Recovery Runner

I raised this issue with FibIt support when I got my Versa on launch day in the UK, the key sentence in their response was:

We would like to let you know that current ly we can't set different units according to the area where you are, nevertheless, we really appreciate your suggestion.
They then mentioned this community, where I found this thread.  My suggestion was either to add a third option with feet, miles and Celsius or to split out temperature.  As many have said in this thread its not that big/difficult a request and their current attitude towards non-US users is very poor.  With the smallest amount of research you can see that only 8 countries have Fahrenheit as their official unit, leaving over 95% of the world using Celsius.  Surely you can't then assume that none of that 95% use miles and feet.  Its not as if anyone is mixing metres and miles, one is a unit of temperature and the other a unit of distance and so I really don't understand why they a lumped together.  Looking at the app settings again you can even set your swim to be in metres and your length measurements to be in yards, so why has temperature been lumped in with length?

I do hope that they take on board the number of support tickets that must be being raised for this issue and the feedback from the community and do something.  I'm not holding my breath though.

Dobbo
Recovery Runner

Definitely required. Choice is key for the individual and outside of the USA the mix between metric and imperial (as in UK definition) is far from clear cut.

Clairaloulou
First Steps

I think it’s really poor that they’ve not sorted this out yet!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.