Enable Touch and Face ID to log in to the Fitbit App

Please enable Touch ID as an option to log in to your Fit App on iOS. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

23 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @SunsetRunner! 

Thanks for sharing your idea with us!

Let's keep an eye on what other users say about it.

horsebackgur98
First Steps

Would love this idea!!!

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

This is something that is enabled with the Force, Charge, and Charge HR. 

I say enabled since it could not be disabled. 

GeorgeScott
Recovery Runner

My crappy grocery store app has Touch ID login. Why wouldn’t you add it? Makes app too convenient to use? Of course, if you stopped logging me out of the app on my password-protected phone, I wouldn’t need to log in.

iLover
First Steps

Ugh. I hate that every time I check my Childrens family  view, I have to manually put in a password. So annoying to go back and forth. A toch ID would be so much more convenient. 

stteng
Jogger

i Agree 

stteng
Jogger

you should use Touch ID to open Charge 2 IPHONE FITBIT MOBILE APP!

stteng
Jogger

you should use Touch ID to open Charge 2 IPHONE FITBIT MOBILE APP!

stteng
Jogger

use touch id to open fitbit iphone mobile app

stteng
Jogger

This is a very good suggestion!!!

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

ChubbyDudley
Jogger

I am sick of constantly logging into the app. Please disable the auto log out and enable touch ID. I guess that would be face ID on the newer iPhones. This is a super PITA!

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ChubbyDudley. Thanks for explaining why you'd like to have the Touch ID option in the Fitbit app to log in to your account. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

marksippin
Recovery Runner

All the new iPhones have Face ID logon capability. It would be more convenient if you added this feature to the Fitbit phone App. Thank you.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @marksippin, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option with Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

VM69
First Steps
Whenever a password is needed on the app, incorporate ios biometric features such as TouchID and FaceID.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @VM69, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to enable Touch and Face ID to log in to the Fitbit App. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

stteng
Jogger
For iPhone Fitbit mobile app, please make it so that in order to open iPhone Fitibit mobile app you need to use Touch ID/Face ID.

I am running iOS 14.7.1 on an iPhone 6s Plus.

Thanks
Shane
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @stteng, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to enable Touch and Face ID to log in to the Fitbit App. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

WellofMike
First Steps
I have two kids, each using their own Ace 2 trackers. Instead of requiring me to enter my password each time I switch accounts, allow me to use Apple's Face ID.
Alternately, you could have a feature that allows the user to designate the app as the primary "Parent App", so entering the password each time isn't necessary. That would be ideal.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @WellofMike, thanks for sharing this suggestion about enabling Face ID to log into your Fitbit account when switching between parent and kid view with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here as this will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. We'll keep tracking this request over time, so please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Enhance security by allow Face ID,
More convenient
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to use Face ID to log into the iOS Fitbit app with us . I noticed this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.