Enable breathing exercise (relax) goals

When will an update be released that makes the breathing exercise feature (relax) am acticact that gets tracked - and that I get set goals around?

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity/Added Labels

8 Comments
Chesspresso
Jogger

The reason I would like the breathing exercises to be an activity that gets tracked is because it is something I wish to monitor and improve as I do any other aspect of my fitness. It's a shame that Fitbit does not treat this feature with the same consideration as other forms of exercise as gains in this area would benefit all other endeavours

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. I think being able to set goals for relaxing/breathing would be very interesting and helpful for users after exercising or just meditating. Keen to hear what others think?

JoshParkes04
Jogger

I think it would be amazing if the Fitbit company would consider a feature I've been thinking about for a while. 

It would be totally awesome if I could set a goal for the relax feature and see my results from each sessions in the Fitbit app. 

I have a versa, and at the end of a session it tells me details such as My HR before and after. My alignment and so on. 

But if I could see these stats within the app that would be awesome! If I could set a goal, and so on. 

Thanks Fitbit. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @JoshParkes04! Great suggestion, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on relax feature. I've moved it into a similar suggestion. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains.

JoshParkes04
Jogger

I've been using the relax feature, I think this would be awesome.

fliebel
Recovery Runner

I like the idea of the relax feature, but I find it too fast, and when going by vibration my synchronization is always low because I'm lagging behind. So it could use some more options as well.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Chesspresso and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

jaclynvogel
Recovery Runner

Thank you to the Fitbit developers for considering this! I also support this feature and have some additional suggestions for implementation:

• Add a "Relax" section as an option on the dashboard, both smartphone app and web-based version
    • Supplement this with  stats like before/after heart rate, alignment, and oxygen levels if possible
  • Allow users to select how many days/week or how many sessions/day they engage in a relax session
    • Supplement this with a "You did it!" feature that shows the user's goal was accomplished

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.