End exercise when you stop exercising--not 15 min later!

When you are walking and then you stop walking, Fitbit should not wait 15 min to send a reminder to end the exercise. At the very least, it should go on pause. What could possibly be the reason to leave such a gap?
LizzyFitbit: PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE MY TITLE! Your "edits" make my posts not come up in searches.
9 Comments
LindaMtl
Base Runner

I fully agree. I also noted (and posted) about the fact that when the battery dies during exercise, the exercise timer should also end.  Currently it does not end until I recharge my Fitbit. Curious about your comment to Lizzie about not editing your title.  My post has 0 votes, yet seems to me I cannot be the only one to have experienced this battery dead/exercise timer continues to run issue. Do you have suggestions for making posts easy to search/find? Thanks

mikey_pdx
Tempo Runner

People probably aren't protesting because Fitbit hasn't (yet) removed the ability to alter the duration of the exercise in the app. 

GinnyBee
Jogger

Along with everyone else. I feel I was misled as there is no altimeter. I would never have purchased this if I had known. I would have gone back to the Fitbit I previously had. 
Along with that - I can’t see the time while exercising!!!!! Ridiculous 

Dab-123
Base Runner

@mikey_pdx Who has time to go back and edit every exercise? I am constantly surprised at the tolerance for doing the same time consuming things over and over again that can easily be handled automatically.

Dab-123
Base Runner

@GinnyBee THey have also now removed the option of liking comments so that we can observe the popularity of points.  It really feels like they are removing functionality and trying to kill the product. 

Dab-123
Base Runner

And have you seen their surveys? It's a joke. They ask you if you came for product support or other, and if you answer 'other', the survey closes!  This is rather unbelievable.

mikey_pdx
Tempo Runner

@Dab-123 I don't have to do that, because I manually track my exercises, since I actually care about capturing what I'm doing instead of hoping my device will just detect everything for me. Most of the time, I can even remember to stop the recording. The device can't auto-detect weight lifting or rowing or skiing or riding my stationary bike anyway, so I'm just in the habit of actually using the exercise app on the device. 

GinnyBee
Jogger

I can safely say after all the years of having a Fitbit I’m done. I am going to count this charge 6 as a loss and try a different company. Moving to Google was just another big PITA that they deemed necessary 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Dab-123, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about lowering the Auto-Pause detection time to less than 15 minutes for exercise tracking with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.