Endomondo Integration Improvements

It seems like all other fitness services (like Endomondo, Runkepper, Garmin etc.) supports synchronization to other such service. But Fitbit does not support this, unfortunately and surprisingly.

Fitbit only syncs Steps, Distance, and Sleep. Consequently, Fitbit does not sync exercises/runs, distance and time, heart rate, gps data (if recorded with the Fitbit app), etc. to Endomondo.

Fitbit should really consider to support synchronization of all data from Fitbit -> Endomondo (and other similar services). It seems like your users want to keep using services like Endomondo, Runkeeper etc. but would like to use Fitbit's hardware. As it is now, this is not possible.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

176 Comments
Innovation
Stepping Up

Well fitbit, at what time do you have a solutinon for this ready?

Zanty
Jogger

I really thought it would work like that. Please make this available. Endomondo allows for a more versatile work out tracking

nicgravel
First Steps

Want to be able to use the HRM via Bluetooth with RunKeeper in iOs.

This is a show stopper for me. Until that, i don't think i'll buy the device...

goenw
First Steps

I second that opinion.. would really love the integration

Naaalex
First Steps
I bought the charge HR in order to get rid of my heart rate sensor band when I run... But it cannot replace it !?
Very disappointed... Please add this functionality 🙂
handsomeguy
Base Runner

i would like to see the day added to fitbit surge , i would like to see a choice of coloured bands , a much brighter face . and selection of coloured watch faces and . more designs , perhaps a round face , 

handsomeguy
Base Runner

i would like  a huge increase in the design of watch faces . a colum scale . to read the time perhaps . i need more apps to download . how can i download aps like calculator . a egg timer . a torch . all for the fitbit surge 

wizardpapa
First Steps

Volvo please add! 

But seriously, ive been waiting for this for a while now. Come un.

Davehoffman
Recovery Runner

Just would be a great add on as the widget and ability to add better notes to a work out in Endomondo would be great. The app does such a great job with tracking historic workouts with specific details that having the HR in there as well to have a more accurate caloric reading would be great.....or just add that to the FitBit interface as the "activity" button is pretty weak in comparison.

@Naaalex wrote:
I bought the charge HR in order to get rid of my heart rate sensor band when I run... But it cannot replace it !?
Very disappointed... Please add this functionality 🙂

MartinB
Recovery Runner
Please add the heart rate data of my Fitbit Charge HR to Runkeeper! Runkeeper says they don't receive this data. I think it is quite simple to add and my running data is complete!
MartinB
Recovery Runner
I was aspected this was already a functionality, I mean this is the main reason people buy the Charge HR. So to combine it with Runkeeper makes it work fine!
Duffcase
Keeping Pace

+1 this would really complement the integration.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It would be perfect device if the integration will be implemented.

willums
First Steps

I bought the Surge recently hoping it would send HeartRate information to the RunKeeper app.  If I had done a little more research, I might have bought the other tracker I was considering that I know talks with RunKeeper.  There are several people that use the RunKeeper app at work that have asked about my Surge.  When I tell them I like it but it does not share heart rate information they loose a fair amount of interest.

Avenger
Jogger

I'm fully with KjetillM as there are several similar requests/questions in support/discussions forum and I'm also keen to have this option available, but would not disregard the overall step count as well (maybe detracting the step count for activities exported). In general, FitBit is a great product and would encourage my friends to use it if not for its drawbacks in syncing with other activity tracking systems and not exporting HR data as well. Thanks and cheers!

Ca9ine
First Steps
I just got a Charge HR, and I thought this was supported out of the box. Seemed like the most natural thing in the world...
morban
First Steps
That was what i bought it for. So i second that too

Me too.  I thought that it had this feature.  That's one of the reasons I bought the Surge.

megadirk
First Steps

I would love this feature as I just started using endomondo for cycling.

prekabik
First Steps
I wait for this function as well. Could you give us some more information about plans for this sync back heart rate integration with Endomondo, please?
Lucybeth
Jogger

I would love this integration too.
Please, let us know about it!

FaithBY
First Steps

I agree ... this watch would be perfect it it allowed syncing of heart rate to endomondo... thats why i purchased the surge.  i am a bit disappointed

Kestutis
Jogger

+1, that would be awesome

davegood
First Steps

Definitely, a must. This is the reason I bought it!!

kevomcenzy
First Steps

I thought it had this 😞

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.