Estimated date to reach weight loss goal

I have a Fitbit Charge 2 and love it. I can record my weight goal and track my weight loss, plus see how far I am from my goal. Unfortunately though, unlike other weight loss apps, Fitbit does not tell me when I should expect to reach my goal.
I used a calculator and figured it out as I don't-want-to/have-time-to record data on multiple platforms. I realize the date may change .. if I were to speed up my weight loss the date would move closer, and if I should slow it down it would take that bit longer. Fitbit would be the perfect vehicle to measure these moving goal posts!

I'm hoping others will agree that a cute built in Fitbit graph would be a great addition to an already spectacular product.

I can only imagine how motivating it would be to monitor this on a daily basis as I celebrate taking charge of my health.

Moderator edit: Labels

14 Comments
heychris
Stepping Up

I agree.  I've seen this feature in other platforms.  I would like to see the estimated date to reach my goal.  I would also like to see how much extra work would be necessary to accelerate my goal.  For example if it said burn 1,000 extra calories per day in order to achieve my goal in half the time.  I think that would be very helpful.

Linty
First Steps

Oh I like that idea too heychris!  Walk an extra 2 km per day and reach goal 2 months earlier for example... the possibilities are endless and very exciting. 

Please make this happen Fitbit. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hi 

It's possible to see the goal date on the food log page, by 'Food Plan', click the left or right arrow until the 'Plan Summary' appears. The goal date is displayed there. 

Linty
First Steps

Thanks, but I’m results motivated and don’t actually log food. Would your suggestion still  apply? 

Cheers

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Believe it depends on chosen deficit and most recent weight. 

HRH2K
First Steps

I am using an Aria scale and I would like to set the weight goal at a date in the past. I currently can only set a goal that starts today.

There used to be a way around this before the redesigned weight page.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Lisasumthin
First Steps
Custom Date of Weight Goal  

First why was this feature taken away, when will we expect this back?

avatrx1
Jogger

I would like to reach my goal by June 1st 2018.  but I don't record food because most of what I consume is made from scratch and it's difficult to calculate.  I can do the math, but it would be nice if there was a specific area which says basically - at this rate expect to reach your goal by  *******'

Pretty sure "my fitness pal" app has it, but I just don't want to mess with 2 apps...........  I'm just getting back into losing.  it had been a very stressful last 3 years and I put on weight.  I'm kinda stuck in my weight loss regimen.  not sure why.  hormones?  I work out daily and don't exceed my calorie limit.  I need all the encouragement I can get and seeing my goal somewhat on target would be a huge incentive.  5'10" - 64 years old - female - and would like to lose 25-30 lbs by june 1st.  that doesn't seem unrealistic.  12 weeks?

Monrovia9
Jogger

Hi, 

I would like to set the start date of my goal. All goals automatically start today. 

DanielLouder
First Steps

Could not agree more! 

I've found you can view your estimated weight loss goal end date on the actual website, there is a plan summary under the food log. However this end date would really motivate me if I had it visible on the app!! It's always nice to work towards a goal with a rough date. It makes the end goal seem far more achievable / reachable. The website is not very convenient to view, but it's handy if you really want to know.

Let me know if any updates happen 🙂 

Libbysmom1
First Steps

New to Charge 3 and just found out via Live Chat that there is no way to enter a timeline/end date/goal date, etc., etc., whatever name fits, for weight loss.  Maybe I'm expecting too much but this is a health-tracking device and my thought is that this is a very important (missing) feature.  Sure, I can figure it all out, but, to me, FitBit should be offering this; I am very surprised this is not an option.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.