Evening Snack Food log designation

As of today "Anytime" was removed as a food log time designation. It appears I wasn't alone using it to record my evening snack items. Its removal means that my food log for dinner is now inaccurate. 5 time desginations aren't enough for a diabetic (3 meals, 3 snacks) and for most people watching their nutrition, evening snacking is a dangerous habit.

Moderator edit: Added Labels

134 Comments
sputnikbear
First Steps

...because breaking things that used to work just fine isn't anyone's idea of an "improved" app.

I don't see how you could have made it any more obtuse to add caloric intake to a date in the past (in case you forgot something), or enter a post-midnight dinner or snack into the prior day's register.  Previously, you'd just click the back button to "yesterday", then enter the calories.  Now.. PRESTO!!!! it gets added to the current day regardless of what day you THINK you're on.  Congratulations.  You took a clean, well-designed UI and completely forked it up.

SumnerFitbit
Runner

There are 2 ways to add food to past days:

1.  Hit the + button on the Food screen, select a food, and on the screen where you pick a serving size and mealtime, there is a date field that you can change from today to yesterday.

2.  On the Food screen, scroll down past today's food logs until you see a summary of previous days'.  Tap into the summary for yesterday to see yesterday's logs, then hit the + button in the top right corner to add more food to yesterday.

Status changed to: Existing Feature
SumnerFitbit
Runner

Moman126
Base Runner

I see the "Anytime" and the "After Dinner" meal options on the Web dashboard but my Android App does not show the "After Dinner" option. Anyone else seeing this?

Jimeos
Jogger

Thank you implimenting the Evening Snack option!

Pyanfar
Base Runner

@Moman126Yes, I am having the same problem. What's more, if I use the Web log to record something in "After Dinner", then I look at my food log with my Andriod app, the Android app shows "No items have been logged for this day" - the log is empty. Definitely something wonky going on.

sandycrochet
Tempo Runner

I don't see anytime, I see 3 meals, break, lunch and dinner and one snack area.  I include all snacks all day long in that one area.

flexnut
Recovery Runner

My evening snack disappeared AGAIN.  I received an update yesterday 10/27 and ever since my calories are messed up and my evening snack disappeared?  help

thenightlilah
Stepping Up

instead of using the pre-designated "meal times" having the ability to put in the time, actual time!, instead of the meal would be best. not everyone is on a 9a-5p schedule. and especially for someone who needs to track how long it has been, adding the time the item was ingested would be preferable. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.