Expand food range to cater Different countries (Asians)

fitbit is a great app and personally it has helped me in the last couple of weeks really well. But something I’ve been struggling with is to log my food correctly as the options presented is very minimal. My suggestion would be to try and expand the range you cater to, especially to the Asians. I understand the difficulties it poses, but since the Fitbit community is expanding all over the world this would prove to be useful. Living in Sri Lanka, I find it very difficult to find the correct/something close to what I eat. For example, MyFitnessPal App has the ranges of food in Sri Lanka as well and it makes it much easier and I know what I’m entering is right and isn’t entering extra calories. This would be really helpful and would make so many lives easier! Thank you so so much for taking your time and reading it! Looking forward to future changes! ☺️

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

7 Comments
yumtubbs
First Steps

Going off of what you said, I think it would also be nice to be able to choose at least two countries for the food database. As a Korean American, I eat equal amounts of both Korean and American food and it is quite annoying to constantly go to my settings and change the food database between US and Korea. If I am able to select two countries and have the app recognize which database to filter through based on the language that I am typing on my keyboard, it would save me a lot of time and patience from manually switching back and forth.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Maggs15 and commenters, thank you for your suggestion. It'd be really helpful to people in this specific countries.

Sanjaypatil
First Steps

Yes, I do agree. Fitbit community is fast expanding in India as well.

Addition of Indian food log will help people like me to more accurately monitor calories intake. I can understand the difficulty of logging Indian food, because there is lot of veriety, but some common breakfast, lunch and dinner items can be added.

Aureala
Jogger

Here's my vote for a food database for people in Hong Kong & China! Smiley Happy I'm in a very cosmopolitan city, so being able to choose from a variety of cuisines would be nice.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Even in Europe, people eat a lot of Asian, Middle-Eastern, South-American and African food. It'd be good to have more such options.

Chnijo
Jogger

I live abroad (as do thousands if not more of your users) and often switch between the local food (Korean) and western food. It is extremely tedious to go back to the main screen to change the country just to add a common food. It takes at least seven clicks. I know, I know, first world problems.. But is it possible to make a setting where you can choose TWO countries? Going online is not a feasible solution. I'm usually near my phone, but my computer is at work.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Maggs15 and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.