Export Steps and Calories Burned by the Minute, 15 Minute Interval, or Hour

Hello FitBit folks,

I want to analyze how many steps I take or calories I burn at different times of the day or week. Example questions I want to answer: "how many calories do I usually burn on Tuesday evening from 6pm to 8pm" or "how many steps do I usually take during the week while I'm at work (9 to 5)". To do this, I need to be able to export this data by the minute, 15-minute interval, or at least by the hour. Currently, we can only export our data and get our steps or calories burned per day. There are bar charts in the app that show us this data in 15 minute intervals. I would love to be able to export that information to Excel for more in-depth analysis.

Would you please consider this feature?

Thanks!

-Clint

5 Comments
ejain
Base Runner

There are several 3rd-party services that let you pull in data from Fitbit to do advanced stats and correlations. For example, here's a chart made with Zenobase that shows my average calories burned per hour between 6pm and 8pm for every day of the week:

avg calories burned per hour 6-8pm

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

prvndai
Jogger

I felt it would be helpful to see how I many steps per minutes I am doing in real time and also to analyse my pace at the end of a session

I usually run listening to metronome or songs with specific beats per minutes. Moving forward, it would be great if my Fitbit would vibrate up to 100bmp (of course in expense of some battery) so that I could follow the pace while running.

EnragedSpark596
First Steps

I'd like to be able to download the raw data so I can do some analysis; such as overlaying heart-rate and steps data over 24 hour periods and create my own visualisations and analytics

Status changed to: Released
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

This information is currently available for export in the complete Account Archive export which is in JSON format (see our help article here).

If you would like this information presented differently, or in a different format, please vote on:

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.