Export more than 31 days of data

If you manage to find how to export your data (Settings?), you are presented with this lovely corporate pabulum:

Your data belongs to you!

At the bottom of that area is the much more truthful

You can export up to 31 days of data.

Given that I've been using FitBits for just under three years, this means that 1 month of 36 is available to me.  Thus, 2.78% of my data belongs to me.  It's not quite as catchy, but it's more truthful.  

Please either extend the data period available or have an option for the progress report e-mails to include CSV files of the the previous week's data.  One month of data is not enough to analyze trends.

30 Comments
CardiganWearer
Tempo Runner

@Kissa good points.

I feel yr pain.

not sure if fitbit inc do tho 🙂

Hawkmanz28
Jogger

I did my first export today, "Export Your Account Archive". So I asked yesterday, got the proper emails and got the finished document today. And it comes in as a .JSON javascript file. What the heck good is THAT! Anybody have any ideas as how to convert that to a readable .csv or .xlxs file?

Status changed to: Released
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

This information is currently available for export in the complete Account Archive export which is in JSON format (see our help article here).

If you would like this information presented differently, or in a different format, please vote on:

Jlcnz
Stepping Up
bulk export of GPS data
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jlcnz, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to bulk export of GPS data. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released".

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.