Extend the 10 day period tracker

At present periods lasting more than 10 days cannot be logged accurately. I have endometriosis. My periods are random and last a lot longer than that. I am on day 43 on this period for example. I can't use your tracker because it won't allow me to log more than 10 days if bleeding. please consider extending this to an unlimited amount so people outside the norm can use this service too. 

94 Comments
MissyDesiree
First Steps

Thank you so much for starting this conversation! I was so excited to have an all inclusive app until I realized I couldn’t correctly log my periods because they were over 10 days. I find this insulting against women especially those of us with PCOS or endometriosis. My period was 30 days and I can’t even log it correctly! This needs to be fixed ASAP!

Notatendayer
First Steps

Please take the 10 day max off the period tracker. It is useless otherwise. And I’m not gonna lie, it kinda makes me feel worse about it then I already do. It doesn’t make sense to have a limit. Every woman is different. 

Dana_na_na
Jogger

My periods are typically 17 days long, and I do not have a specific diagnosis (I have seen multiple doctors to check) and I know I am not the only one with irregularly long periods. While I understand "90% of the population" generally falls within a 10 day menstrual period, I would argue a lot of the women that are interested in the full functionality of an all inclusive period tracker and will use it to monitor their symptoms daily, fall into the "irregular" category. The 10 day limit needs to be removed and I am sure it would not be that difficult to do it. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Women with PCOS have a higher rate of depression, anxiety and suicide. (I'm sure  anyone with periods >10 days long has mental health problems but I don't know the stats). In these posts we see women commenting on how having an app tell them they can't possibly have a period longer than 10 days makes them 'feel worse'. Basically they are saying 'this app affects my mental health'. In a cohort of people at greater risk of mental health issues.

Personally I have stopped using my FitBit, because there are other apps out there that don't make me feel like even more of a freak. I doubt I'll ever wear a FitBit again, but I'm interested to see just how long it takes FitBit to address the problem. And I want to be clear: I stopped using your product because it affected my mental health.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Why even have a day limit to begin with? Feels like the period tracking tile was rushed out as a feature without much consideration for what it's actually tracking or what value it's supposed to bring. The list of symptoms is quite random, entering period data is unnecessarily fiddly, there is not stat visualisation or correlation, and this day limit thing is another clue about how little thought has been put into this feature. There's plenty of period tracking apps on the market that do a way better job than this one. Fitbit should be ahead of the game, not lagging years behind competitors in this area.

AksanaF
First Steps

Agreed. I contacted them with the same suggestion this morning. 

Status changed to: Released
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MissJules and commenters, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re happy to let you know that this has been released. The period length logging is now up to 60 days! As you've submitted a high quality suggestion, you will now receive a higher voting weight worth 5 votes. Thank you for sharing your ideas and enthusiasm with the community.

Donna80
Base Runner

Will you remove the interval limit we've discussed too?

Interval - 100 days max limit is too low!

SassyMcSass
First Steps

I just tried it. Wouldn’t let me put “11”...

leduck
Base Runner

That is excellent news! Thank you for listening to our issues! I would also upvote Donna80 as well-- for perimenopausal women, we would definitely want at least a 365-day interval as well!

Spidermandy
First Steps

Awesome. Now if only I can log my period-2 days off-period issues.

Tigerkin
Jogger

Okay, why 60 days?  Why a limit at all?  This is still excluding women who had just given birth/miscarried/aborted a baby (bleeding can last 6-8 weeks,) as well as women who have had an IUD inserted (I bled for a year solid after I had my IUD placed.)  Why is there * need* for any kind of limit?  This is unnecessary.  I cannot comprehend why the programming requires a limit when online period trackers that were programmed a decade ago are capable of keeping up with varying lengths of periods. 

It is quite clear that a man designed this part of the app. 

Dana_na_na
Jogger

Hello!

So the bug is not actually fixed. I attempted to increase the period length to 17, but it highlighted in red with an error message saying "Sorry, maximum length is 60" but still does not allow me to log 17, or any number above 10. This bug is not fixed, if anything it's worse now because it *pretends* to be fixed, but is not. 

butterygoodness
Stepping Up

my longest period was 21 days at which time Pallor should be added to your symptoms list.

Lauz
Jogger

Hey team. 

I have PSOS & my periods are irregular timing 18-37days apart & sometimes i can get a period over 14days long.

I need a  fertility calendar that ;

1) can be extended for those with longer periods over 10days

2) Show if I am 'Late' for my next period.

3) can i see a log month by month of how many days between & length of period

Thanks Laura

Hi

I still can't log a period for longer than 10 days. Is there an update or anything needed to get the extended days?

JoyceFitbit
Fitbit
Fitbit

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all of your feedback.

We're currently fixing the bug in Settings to enable our users to enter up to 60 days in period length under "Edit Setup Values". In the meantime, if you want to extend the period length to longer than 10 days, you can directly do so in the Calendar view by

1) long-hold any current or past period and drag the beginning or end of the period tp extend

2) select a day in any current or past period and press the pencil icon at the bottom left corner to edit

Tj142
Jogger

Hi, I have tried this and it doesn't save.   I am on day 17 and I would like to be able to accurately track my period.   Any help would be appreciated, thanks. 

TTC18
First Steps

There appears to be an upper limit on the number of consecutive days that can be logged for one period in the Female Health function. More days can be added but only 10 are saved. Sometimes sh*t happens and more than 10 are needed

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.