Facebook and G+ for Fitbit mobile authentication.

Hi there,

Is there any instructions to integrate Fitbit authentication using G+ and Facebook to our own mobile app?

Thanks.

4 Comments
Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration.

Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

There is a lot of sensitive personal data in every Fitbit account. It is alarming that there is no option for 2FA authentication (like Google Authenticator). I know that it is possible to sign in with a Google account, but I do not want to have to create a new account.

Seriously, I can't believe that a service which stores our most intimate data does not offer security in accordance with today's standards.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has a lot of votes. As the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Angelan10
First Steps

After purchasing a new phone, I have to now create a new account on the app (confirmed by help chat) because I do not have access to the email on the account and I cannot remember the password. However, I am able to sign into the website with Facebook. 
It’s a shame I lose my friends and data because this feature would have avoided that. Funny that the website has the ability whereas the app does not. Just makes sense to add it if you already have the technology to. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.