Favorite food tab on Fitbit app

Can we have a "Favorites" tab for food? The last few months I've been eating the same things, it's frustrating when the recent foods aren't there anymore and then I have to go search for it. ie) Grapefruit

I would be happy if "Frequent" was replaced with "Favorites" (Possibly organized by meal type or time of day) and "Recent" & "Custom" tabs remained. Find this in alphabetical order.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

62 Comments
kdelguercio
First Steps

I log my food on my charge and the Frequent and recent only holds a certain amount of items over a certain amount of days. If I eat the same item 3 days later it is no longer available in those lists. Is there a way to keep items in a favorite folder somewhere?

SebringDon
Distance Runner

This feature is already available on the Dashboard, under Track My Food. Next to each item you log during the day, you will see a little star outline. Click on the star and it wll change to a gold star and that item will appear above the "Foods" list in a "Favorites" list.

Much of what I eat now, after 8 weeks using FitBit, is already in my Favorites list for easy use.

kdelguercio
First Steps
That feature is not on on my App for Apple or Android.
rhigdon0426
First Steps

The App used to have a list of my Favorite Foods.  I can see this list clearly on the dashboard when logged on through  my computer.  However, after the last update, this list is no longer visible on the App.  So now if I want to search for an item that I had saved as a favorite that I have not used in a few days or longer I have to search for the food again because the food item does not show up in frequent or recent foods.  This is very annoying and is not more user friendly.  The whole idea behind the favorites is so you do not have to keep searching for those food items.  It makes logging food on the app more time consuming.  Please bring back the favorites list on the app.

Thanks!

Rebecca

Moderator edit: labels. 

bbeany
Jogger

Yes, please bring back the favorites list on the app! I don't understand why this was removed? It's very annoying to have to search for all of the things you already have saved in your favorites - but can only access at a computer. What's the use of having the app?

Txs!

Brenda

IRR
Jogger

Yes. If you read the help forum, they took it out in 2014 and then brought it baack and now took it out again in 2016. The favorites was the only one working because recent and frequent never update so they are useless. They also took out the cool feature that it remembered the last thing you ate with an item so you could log additional items faster.

They seem to be going backwards...

Brainchild
Recovery Runner

I own the FitBit Blaze and I have recently decided to abandon the MyFitnessPal app, to use the FitBit Track my Food app instead.

The transition has been okay.  The FitBit app has a nice interface and works well.

Recently, the developers have decided to release a update that removed the "Favorites" list from the app.  The favorites list allows users to add foods that we consume regularly, so they can simply be clicked on to add to your daily intake, instead of entering the food into the search engine and trying to find the match.

I used the favorites list for more that 90% of my entries.  As I would assume many of you would.

I am looking for support to have the "Favorites" list added back to the app.

FitBit tells me the is the only way to get the option restored, is to get the support of the community.

Please help get the "Favorites" option added again to the app.

Brainchild
Recovery Runner

ABSOLUTELY!!!  The favorites list allows users to add foods that we consume regularly, so they can simply be clicked on to add to your daily intake, instead of entering the food into the search engine and trying to find the match.

I used the favorites list for more that 90% of my entries.  As I would assume many of you would.

Please bring this option back FitBit.

mthomas
First Steps

PLEASE bring back the Favorite Foods list in the Android App! I used it ALL THE TIME for my food entries!!! 🙂

rhigdon0426
First Steps

Yay!  Noticed late last night that they brought back the Favorites on the App!  Yay!!!

Brainchild
Recovery Runner

With the newest update, Fitbit has restored the Favorites option.

So happy. 🙂

Thanks Fitbit

bbeany
Jogger
I have Favorites again!Fantastic!

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Keen to hear what others think?

AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

Arlinda
First Steps

Yes! Please bring back the favorites list! It would save people a lot of time. We all know how important everyone's time is. Please, please, please...bring it back!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Favorite Food Tab 

It would be extremely nice if there was a favorite food tab. Also if there was a way we could add favorite meals. I normally have the same things for breakfast and lunch throughout the work week. It just becomes very redundant, time consuming and annoying to have to do each individual item everyday.

jhalligan
Recovery Runner

Or option to pin favourite foods to frequent list so they don’t disappear. Hate having to rescan or find foods again I eat occasionally because they drop off the lists.

mkirkar
Jogger

I recently switched from an Android phone to Iphone.  The favourite foods section in the food tracker is not available in IOS?  I have many foods that I have saved that I would like to have access to.  Will it be added soon to ios? Very odd that it's not already there.  

Moderator edit: labels.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mkirkar, thanks for the suggestion! I think that a lot of users will like your idea, let's wait what others think.

THigginsWx
Base Runner

Hello

I use the food library avidly and I would love to see a new feature for combining multiple food items into a "favorite" of some sort.

Example: I make daily shakes which use 9 different items from strawberries to whole grain oats. I have to individually select each of the 9 items every time I drink my shake. If there was an option to group several commonly used food items into 1 favorite, that would be amazing. Basically if I were to select "Daily Shake", then every item in that group selects automatically. 

Please consider and use this suggestion, many many people would love it.

Parkerleiro
First Steps

I've been logging my food through the Fitbit website for the past few weeks now, and it has been EXTREMELY helpful in helping me track my macros. A few key features are being able to drag food items to different meals (Breakfast, Lunch, etc), and being able to create "meals" to just add to each day.

Sometimes I change around a few food items to adjust my macros and I'd like to create a new saved meal in the Favorites section. My suggestion here is that we should be able to create a saved/favorite meal from each section (Breakfast, Morning Snack, Lunch, whatever it is) instead of having to click "create a meal" and make it through there by inputting each food item again individually. This makes sense sometimes, but many times I need to mess around with different food items to see what my total macros will be for the day, and then I'd like to log each new meal straight from the food plan page.

I can imagine seeing a little box maybe titled "create meal" on the corner of each food plan section (Breakfast, Morning Snack, Lunch...) so that a meal can be created straight from there instead of having to re-type in every meal from the food plan again. This would save so much time and frustration. It would also help to be able to rename favorite foods that have been saved.

sammywammy
First Steps

I so agree with the previous answers I would like it if you's make it where we can save food as a favourite  I'm always logging everything I eat would appreciate it !! Also I live in Australia and half the stuff I scan on barcode don't come up so please try and sort that out for Australia not just the US

THigginsWx
Base Runner

Sammywammy,

Fitbit does have a favorite now! It's so convenient, it's a little tricky to do, but if you use the iOS app, go to Food, hit the "+" upper right, then Custom, then Add Custom Food and you can add whatever to it. 

On the webpage it's similar. 

Hope this helps

Nicolacarmen
First Steps

Allow users to easily and quickly click on all of their frequent food items to input their daily intake on one page.  Instead of clicking one, going back, finding the next, clicking it, going back, etc. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Nicolacarmen! Great suggestion, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on your Dashboard. I've moved it into a similar suggestion. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.