Favorite food tab on Fitbit app

Can we have a "Favorites" tab for food? The last few months I've been eating the same things, it's frustrating when the recent foods aren't there anymore and then I have to go search for it. ie) Grapefruit

I would be happy if "Frequent" was replaced with "Favorites" (Possibly organized by meal type or time of day) and "Recent" & "Custom" tabs remained. Find this in alphabetical order.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

62 Comments
JuliePel
First Steps
No favorites listed or ability to add in app in android and iphone. Difficult to add food to favorites in browser. In search frequent or recent should be first option.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @JuliePel, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having a favorite food section on the Fitbit app with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Rge
Tempo Runner
Could an option to designate items in the user’s food log as a favorites, which could facilitate entering daily food consumed.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Rge, thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding a favorite tab on the Food tile with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Temporary
Recovery Runner

This would be a simple but useful addition. A favourites tab would be more use than the recent tab.

omgccc
First Steps
I want to be able to make a list of my favorite food/drink items on the app, so that if I don't consume it for awhile I can still easily grab it later. It's annoying to have to re-search for things. What's the point of making a favorites list on the website if I can't use it on the app?
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @omgccc, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the favorite food and drinks list available on the Fitbit app with us. I noticed this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

SuSiE0623
First Steps

When you log a food, there is an option to click the star next to it, which adds it to your FAVORITES list, which IS alphabetized. I'm taking some time this evening to go back through the past month or so to star foods I eat all the time. Time consuming, but it is an option for now.

Fitbit, could you at least make STARS available on ANDROIDS?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SuSiE0623, thanks for sharing this product feedback about having the Favorite tab on the Fitbit app to add food with us. Because this idea was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

SuSiE0623
First Steps

FitBit, Aside from all of us who have been asking for the ability to easily mark foods as FAVORITES - on the phone apps- and to ALPHABETIZE that list, you will be actually encouraging more people to record their daily intake and to STICK WITH IT! I believe that is at the heart of what Fitbit stands for, no? 

Improve the usability, increase the use!.😁

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make this very positive update!

Kaiser13
First Steps
There should be an option for 'favouriting' a food item to make it easier to locate when logging.
Where I can choose myself what is my current most used foods, rather than relying on fitbits idea of my most used/recently used food which can be incorrect.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Kaiser13, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to favorite a food item on the Fitbit app. I noticed this product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.