Filter to show clock faces which allow always on screens

it's very difficult to find clock faces that allow the screen to always be on (or always dimmed). The only way is to download each clock and try them. I would suggest adding the ability to easily identify or filter for the clocks that allow the screen to always be on

11 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, specially for those looking for clock faces that are always on. Just to mention a few that include this characteristic:

• Mionic
  • Ambient
  • Nothing Special

Thanks for sharing this suggestion. Smiley Happy

smol84
Base Runner

thanks for the suggestion - it's actually pretty darn difficult to find these... Is there no way to search when looking at clock faces? I had to scroll through them all until I found them - install one - then repeat to try the next one.

It took a long time, almost spent an hour playing with it. And the clock faces were all horrible

Gondwana
Veteran Runner

Another (very basic) one is 'On Time'.

Confict of interest disclosure: it's mine.

anmanwar
Strider

Awesome idea!  Would love to have a face that stays on!!

Yvana
Jogger

This is a brilliant idea, I bought the versa , the day after they were released and I’m having the same screen wake issues as well!

Dkschall
Recovery Runner

I aphave only had my Versa for a week and am so frustrated trying to get the face to come on that I am ready to return it!

Arch111
First Steps

Really would like the clock face to stay on if the Versa is not going to wake up.  I did try tapping on the band and to my surprise it did wake up.  It worked whether I tapped the band above or below the Fitbit Versa.  Before that I was getting frustrated because I had to use the button pretty often.  

The other main issue that has frustrated me is the fact that these Fitbit’s only come with 1 year warranty and pretty much right after the year is up it goes out and I’m on my 4th one, the charge, charge hr, the Blaze and now this one.   If this one goes out I may need to switch into a different product as Fitbit can’t help except offer a small discount and advise to get a new model.

rwoodul
First Steps

When I am doing a cardio workout, I need to be able to monitor my HR constantly without taking my hands off of the equipment. Can this feature be added? Or can someone design an app where this works? I am new to the Fitbit devices, so I apologize if this is already available. I cannot seem to find a workaround.

Thank you

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @rwoodul! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing.  I've moved it into a similar suggestion. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can also check this other suggestion: Permanent heart rate display during workout. Since Ionic and Versa uses the same OS. See you around. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Status changed to: Released
JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on the Versa 2 . You can find more details here https://gallery.fitbit.com/  .and here How do I see the time on my Fitbit device?

@smol84 , in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.