Find friend by phone number

I would love to find more friends with just their phone number.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

12 Comments
Caa
First Steps
More friends more challenges
Rich_Laue
Community Legend
Currently Fitbit doesn't collect phone numbers, this would alao require another permission to agree with.
dsv
Jogger

cant delete so leaving this

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
CindyFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

I thinks this is a great idea! This could make the process of adding friends more easy! 

Thanks for stopping by at Feature Request board! Woman Wink

NikkiCampea
Recovery Runner
Let us add friends via phone number contact and not just email! Duh! It's way easier to add by phone number rather than have to ask for an email...
LukeTheDuke
First Steps
A lot of my friends aren't on Facebook and I don't want to ask for their email but I would love to challenge them through fitbit. If there is a way to add an optional permission for fitbit to use your contacts *through your phone number* that would be awesome!!!
starryy80
First Steps

THIS!!! So many people I know don’t even use email anymore because of social media, so I don’t have a lot of email addresses for people anymore. But I do have phone numbers! And only makes sense if we are using a phone app and syncing contacts then why not be able to sync via phone numbers!! 

Deia
First Steps

Hi Guys!! I'm trying to add one of my contacts to my fitbit friends but it is really annoying. It showed me inly yhise who dosen't have fitbit what is weird. There is a search bar but when you type the name of the contact it dosen't bring you the person. I really think that would be so easier to add all my contacts from my phone instead to add sending an email. As I don't have everyone email! Thanks

Moderator Edition: Labels

TandDSmith
First Steps

Hi!  I think it would be better to search for friends using the contacts from your phone and not from the registered email address.  I have "friends" listed that are 15-20 year old contacts from my email account and not current ones from my phone contacts.  People normally share phone numbers before asking for email addresses.  This isn't very efficient when searching for friends the way it is set up now.  😕 Thanks.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

FitbitUser703
First Steps

-Allow sync contacts to sync through phone numbers not emails. What kind of app does this? this is the stupidest, laziest thing I've ever seen I'm considering buying an applewatch/whoop/amazon watch because they all have this capability.
Hire some people to make it happen if the current team can't make this simple task happen...

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @FitbitUser703, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding friends using phone number contacts. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.