Find my Phone app on Luxe

Almost all other smartwatch vendors (i.e. fossil, samsung, garmin, etc.) allow using your smartwatch to find your phone. I don't understand why some fitbit devices also don't support it (i.e. the luxe).

Also, the smartwatch should be able to vibrate constantly (ignoring DND) if you drop it.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

18 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @factor, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the Find my Phone app to your Luxe with us. You might also be interested in this other suggestionWe rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

factor
First Steps

Hi Lizzy,

My request has nothing to do with tile's products so I don't believe that suggestion is related to mine.

Also, it looks like my suggestion was incorrectly edited by a moderator.

The second suggestion was to allow finding the smartwatch from my phone.  That means you use the fitbit app to put the watch into short vibrate bursts.  This vibration should ignore Do Not Disturb mode.

ArtMo
First Steps

Hi there,

I agree and think this would be useful on all wristbands and smart watches.

Competitors have a "Find you phone" feature which is very useful if one loses their phone.

There should be an option "Find your phone" on Fitbit devices that enable your phone to make a sound to easily find it.

Please implement it via firmware/software updates.

Thank you!

PennysMum
First Steps

I have just received my new Luxe.  I was appalled to find it does not have the Find my Phone app I have had on my other Fitbits.  I will be returning it today as I really need that feature.  I knew it lacked some features, but I must have that one.

RocksNRivers
First Steps

I asked for a Luxe for Christmas and was given one. I love it except it does not have find my phone. I will regretfully be returning it. I’ve bought a second-hand garmin vivosmart 4 instead, since it does have that feature. 

WriterDreamer
Jogger

I chose the Luxe because the FitBit website said that Find My Phone was supported. After much back and forth with support, they finally said "oops, sorry for the confusion, it's actually not supported." Sadly, I can't return my Luxe.

Lizzly
First Steps

Please add a a phone locating feature to luxe so I can use my watch to find my lost phone. It should be standard for Fitbit watches. I’m considering getting an Apple Watch instead mainly because of this feature. 

Astaryd
First Steps

I completely agree!!! I just switched to Luxe from Versa3 because I like the size better. I used the find my phone feature all the time!!! Please make it available for the Luxe!

Katharos123
First Steps

Totally agree -- this was a feature that I simply assumed would be included, because that's the industry standard.  I'm not happy at all that it's missing from my brand-new Luxe.  I hope they implement this as a feature.

luanntens
First Steps

I also would appreciate having access to the "find phone" feature.  I had the feature on my previous fitbit and assumed it would be on the Luxe when I ordered it.  Please and Thank you!

lilylune
First Steps

Moi aussi, je confirme que je suis très déçue de ne pas retrouver cette option que j'avais sur un autre bracelet pourtant entrée de gamme. Cette option est très pratique pour retrouver son téléphone rapidement ( au moment de partir par exemple). Je suis très étonnée que vous n'ayez pas encore pris en compte les retours clients. D'autant plus, qu'effectivement, c'est indiqué, à tort, que la Luxe est compatible avec "find my phone" dans le store, que vous en avez été notifiés sans avoir pour autant fait de mise à jour... 

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @factor, and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

luanntens
First Steps
Thank you! I hope they can do it. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Skrapi
First Steps

I agree having access to the "find phone" feature would be a terrific feature.  When you have difficulty remembering what was for dinner yesterday - you can imagine how many times my phone has hidden from me!

Meowmeowmeowmeo
First Steps

Hooray 🎉🎉 FIND MY PHONE has been added to fitbit luxe!! I updated my device through the app just now. THANK YOU!!

luanntens
First Steps
Really? Yay! I just updated too!
Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on the Luxe firmware version 1.171.50. You can find more details here. Please note that we release firmware updates to all customers in phases however, the update will be available to everyone soon.

@factor, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

luanntens
First Steps
Yay!
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.