Find my phone for Charge 3 and Inspire series

I would love it if Fitbit actually imement a find your phone feature for the charge 3 and the charge series please accept this

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject, formatting and updated label

53 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion @bobjoe1I hope it will get many votes. Woman Happy

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I’ve been thinking the same thing, that would be incredible! Should be very simple to integrate into the charge 3. Just sound an alarm om my phone from the charge 3 via Bluetooth, would be a lifesaver. 

bobjoe1
First Steps

@SunsetRunner thank you I hope they go along with this idea and if it's really that simple they should be able to do it

zatomas
First Steps

It is a pretty common feature on other connected devices. Adding ut to the Charge 3, would make it even more amazing!

DianaiD
First Steps

I have used 4 yr Vivosmart products but now I decided to try Fitbit. All other things seems quite nice but it was shock that there is no find my phone functionality. Also Garmin device vibrated when it lost connection with phone and it was quite useful reminder if i started to leave without phone.

Must annoying is that I compared products quite deep but this find my phone functionality seemed so core functionality that I even didn't know that I should ask 😞

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Suhas355
First Steps

I moved from mi bit. The most used feature in lot of the user's around me is finding my phone using watch as I keep mobile in silent. An option to ping would be great

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Suhas355, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us about the possibility of finding your phone feature with the Charge 3, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

However, this idea is still open to votes, so the team can continue to track popularity and demand over time.

Haadman
First Steps

It would be nice to add find my phone feature on charge 3 as Huawei Band 3 pro have it. It is really very very handy. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Haadman, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on your Charge 3. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Claireking80
Jogger

Hi there, it would be great to see Find my Phone for the Charge 3.. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Claireking80, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on Fitbit Charge 3. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

andiellen7
Recovery Runner

NATIVE, NOT 3RD PARTY FIND PHONE feature PLEASE

The 3rd party apps do not work.

My previous $25 Xiaomi tracker had this basic, essential feature.

Please do not close this as "provided by 3rd party app" as I've tried them repeatedly and they do not find my phone.

If you look at the comments on MANY forums, Fitbit users REALLY want this as a native feature.

Thank you

ceriboo
Base Runner

Hi all

I would like  some phone features  to be commanded from my Watch. Here are Example

Music:

For my phone and if i do not use new native apps from my phone (Deezer or Spotify) i would like to commande volume up volume down play pause etc...

Ring or vibration: if i don't remember where my phone is  I would like to force my phone to ring or vibrate

To be suitable with all Fitbit devices those features would be possible if a Bluetooth connection is available

I hope it would be possible soon ^^

ceriboo
Base Runner

to replace "Ring and Vibrate" that look like Locate my phone

i Suggest to open Bluetooth possibility

Allow Watch to connect to fitness equipment

Allow Watch to connect to Arduino/RaspBerry / OBD Bluetooth

Allow Wifi Watch to connect to Wifi direct device.

Allow conpanion App to create pdf files from data sent by the watch.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Please remember to request only one suggestion at a time. 

Find my phone is currently available for the Versa line and ionic.

The ionic, versa, and versa 2 already have the ability to control most music and video players. on the phone along with the volume. As a bonus, the volume buttons on these watches can also be used as a remote shutter release for the camera app. 

You already have the ability to download the data Fitbit has from your tracker. 

As for connecting to an arduino, this will take a lot of hacking since all BT communication is scrambled. 

We already have a suggestion to add chest straps.

ceriboo
Base Runner
I don't want the fitbit to play music i want the fitbit to control the
music played from my phone

And about find the phone ok there was already a topic
CardioTrippin
Jogger

Thanks. I would love this on my Charge 4

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @andiellen7, thanks for explaining why you would like to have a "Find your phone" option on your Fitbit device. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ceriboo. Thanks for taking the time to visit the Feature Suggestions board. We wanted to let you know that one of your ideas you recently posted already exists on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see it here where you can add your vote to that existing suggestion:

Find your phone feature on Fitbit devices

About your other suggestion, let us explain that aside of having the Deezer, Pandora or Spotify app integrated on your Fitbit, with the Ionic and Versa family smartwatches you can save music in them or control music playing on your phone. For more information about how to control music, check this help articleThanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

Krissyabshire
First Steps
The competitors have a feature called "Find my phone". It is a very simple thing and very useful. If you lost your phone there should be an option "Find my phone" on the Fitbit wristbands that will enable a sound to your phone to easily find it.

Please implement it via firmware/software updates an all wristbands and smart watches!
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Krissyabshire, thanks for explaining why you would like to have a "Find my phone" feature to enable a sound on your phone. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

moseswynn
Jogger
I would like to have the option to ring my phone from my watch so I can find my phone.
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @moseswynn, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about having an option to ring the phone from the watch, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this board organized.

moseswynn
Jogger

@EdsonFitbitThis is for Ionic/Versa, my request is for Charge 4.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.