Finding friends through location or shared fitness goals

The only way I'm seeing to 'find friends' is by email address. It would be helpful if I could search for friends that are: within a certain miles (so we could actually meet and get steps together), age, sex, how many pounds they want to lose, etc. 

I was trying to find someone that I know on here and even though we were both members of the fitbit community, the ONLY way was to send her an invite via email. It shouldn't have to be that difficult when we're both already members. 

Moderator Edit: Labels

33 Comments
janellesfit
Recovery Runner

Privacy is a huge concern here. If they allow location-based searching, they must allow total blocking of location data by choice.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

DavidaV
Jogger

I was wanting to find people in my area that are fitbit users.  If we could meet people locally we could help & encourage them more, plus if we could do things together that would help everyone.  Challenges with strangers is fine but this would be better.  

Moderator Edition: Format and labels

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion @DavidaV!

Leonvt
Jogger

Friends nearby - I agree!!!

Sweet13Princess
First Steps

I would like to find other people in my area to run with.  It would be helpful to location friends in the community by location.  Please enable this in the future!

AJK123
First Steps

+1 for KiloJoules for Ionic

I don't understand why Fitbit would sell products in markets like Australia when the correct units aren't correctly supported?

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.