Fitbit Pay and Banks in India

Fitbit party doesn’t support any of the Indian banks even the major ones. Fitbit has lots of customer base here so this must be provided.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

22 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @aviralu, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding Indian banks to Fitbit Pay. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Varunfit
First Steps

Same here. I bought fitbit sense thinking that it would be a complete product but Fitbit Pay not available in India is a big disappointment. It would have been great if they have this service because the watch advertises itself that one does not need to carry their mobile phones when going on walks and runs.

theonlyvarun
First Steps

FitBit india has to work with the RBI(Reserve bank of India) that regulates banking and credit cards in India to get approval for this service.

Once they have an approval, Banks can just opt in by coordinating with Fitbit India.

Google and Fitbit can just imagine and hope an Indian Bank bank will wake up one day and do their job for them will do their job for them.

theonlyvarun
First Steps

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/gadgets-news/fitbit-pay-ready-to-launch-in-india-awaiting-rbi-cl...

“We are ready to launch Fitbit Pay in India and it is just a matter of time as we are waiting for RBI to provide Fitbit Pay the necessary approvals and clearances so that customers of Indian banks can add their credit/debit cards to the Fitbit Pay infrastructure,” said Fitbit India country general manager Alok Shankar.

who said this in Dec 2018 and has been sleeping since then instead of following up and getting the approval.

ssanjayjain
Jogger

I think fitbit now a Google product, why don't you add interface with Google pay 

Varunfit
First Steps

If you want to get this feature added on your smartwatch, please press on Vote button which is there on top of this thread. It is mentioned somewhere that they look at those feeds which has more votes. I have done it and probably people who have commented, please do so. Thanks

Kicha
Recovery Runner

Totally agree. Cannot believe we have 3 votes for this....impossible.

It is more likely to be 30,000.

Must add major Indian banks - ICICI, HDFC, SBI, now DBS-LVB etc.

DBLangalia
First Steps
I want Fitbit Pay available for Indian Banks & Card Issuers. India is in its Era of Rising Fintech with the growth of digital payment is above 100% since Jan-2020.

Fitbit's parent company's payment app Google Pay already has tied up with companies like SBI Card, Axis Bank, etc. (Source - https://support.google.com/pay/india/answer/9673903)
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @DBLangalia, thanks for sharing this suggestion about the adding Fitbit Pay and Banks for India. I noticed that idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help the team of developers to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Don't forget to add your vote and comments to Support this idea. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

CH2K4
First Steps
Please add support for cards from Indian banks.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @CH2K4, thanks for sharing this suggestion about the possibility of adding support for cards from Indian banks through Fitbit Pay. I noticed that idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help the team of developers to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Don't forget to add your vote and comments to Support this idea. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

DBLangalia
First Steps

Hi @DavideFitbit,

This is the follow-up to the last message, can you please update us with the current status? India is a big consumer market for the wearable industry and no response to such a major feature request feels unfair.

Regards.

nishchay
First Steps

I agree with @DBLangalia. you guys have to respect the Indian market and its users. When a pretty fundamental feature like this is not working on the watch, it feels "not so worth for the money". 

Would really appreciate if you guys gave some sort of update on this. 

Cheers.

amziaulhaq
Jogger

Indian banks now support tokenization starting Oct 1, 2022. Can you please add Indian banks (Citi & SCB are the two am looking to use) at the earliest? Thanks.

anshuman.padhi
First Steps

@YojanaFitbit @Fitbit 

What is the minimum number of votes needed to make this a valid request?

Considering the feature is to increase convenience but the number of steps a person has to go through to come to this page and vote is an inconvenience in itself, I think even 20 votes should be considerable and we already have 40+. 

(I'd be happy to list all the steps I had to go through just to get here and let me tell you it's quite a lot)

OmkarMokashi
First Steps

@Fitbit / @YojanaFitbit 

Please look into fitbit pay to work in India. Please follow up for the approvals required with RBI and help make payments seamless in India using fitbit. 

DBLangalia
First Steps

@anshuman.padhi I agree with you.

All Fitbit India Users >  All Fitbit India Community Users > All Fitbit India Community Users aware of Fitbit Pay > All Fitbit India Community Users aware of Fitbit Pay Suggestion Post

We are hearing everywhere Digital India / Digital Bharat and small companies getting RBI approval for Payments, here giant like Fitbit (Part of Google) is unable to provide an interface for established features. 

Vedavyasa
First Steps

@Fitbit / @YojanaFitbit 

Please look into fitbit pay to work in India.

lolkidskff
First Steps

Hell I bought Fitbit for just one reason and that's even dead now.. I guess they want the watch back... Highly disappointed by $hitbit..

AfrozeAbd
Jogger

So there is google wallet in my Fitbit Versa 4, must be part of the latest update. Can I add any Indian cards into google wallet?

https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/technology/google-apps/banks

I see few Indian banks listed in this. But for some reason, I am not able the cards , not sure if it's to do with some card settings.  Did anybody try this?

jaggernaut007
First Steps

Its been far too long with out fitbit pay. I have digitised all my cards on PayTm paying through NFC on mobile rather than watch. waiting for fitbit pay now.

Jitaksh
First Steps

And it's 2023 now , mire then 2 years and they haven't solved yet.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.