Fitbit Premium available on desktop or laptop

I use my dashboard on my desktop or laptop and not my iPhone.  I like the bigger screens and it appears it is not available.  Will Fitbit premium ever be available on computers.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

129 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @monrow12, and thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about allowing the Fitbit Premium to be available on desktop or laptop with us! We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

gofour7
Recovery Runner

I can't imagine paying for yet a new monthly service when the devices themselves already cost a good bit of money.  I really wish there was a way to get rid of any notices at all that premium even exists.  I personally think it's a complete rip off.

JohnP101
Recovery Runner

My eyesight is not great and have difficulty re4ading the phone and tablet. Availability on PC would make Premium much easier to use

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about having Fitbit Premium available for desktop or laptop. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Annieoakley02
First Steps

This has been posted by others. Premium features like workouts are very HARD to see on a tiny phone screen. Please make these features available for laptops and computers. 

Nicolio
First Steps

I'd like to take advantage of the Fitbit Premium workouts on my desktop/laptop--my phone is just too small for me to use for this function. Please fix this!! There are several others who have expressed the same desire in a community chat.

RazvanClaudiu
Base Runner

They are available - all workouts are from FitBit Coach (aka FitStar). That can be accessed at coach.fitbit.com

ReAnimateHer
Jogger

Yes! I would buy premium BUT what is stopping me is having to watch workouts on my phone. I'd prefer to watch them on my TV so I can see & follow them better. Once you guys have that I'd be happy to pay for premium until then I use free workouts on YT

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@Annieoakley02 and @Nicolio. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about having Fitbit Premium features available on desktops. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Trying out your Fitbit Premium service and one of the first hiccups is having a workout playing (not even full screen) on my phone with no chrome-casting options. A 1.5" by 1.5" training video has to be a joke?

These videos cannot be played on a Laptop as they are native to just the App. My suggestion would be to make the videos: 1) Full Screen, 2) Playable on a laptop, 3) Chrome-cast friendly.

I like the format and the guided programs, with a few tweaks you will have a product that is fully baked. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @GodfatherActual, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see full screen Fitbit Premium videos. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

bcoleman394
Jogger

Especially since we still cant stream from the app, it would be awesome to use my laptop to view Premium videos. I think streaming the app is ideal, but just for a larger screen it would be nice if I could alternatively log into the Fitbit website and view the same content here.

Yes i agree. We should be able t0 connect the videos to chromecast so we can watch and follow along with workouts on the t.v.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @bcoleman394, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see Fitbit Premium videos on desktop or laptop not just for iOS and Android. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

AKemp
Jogger

my premium subscription is only very partiatly linked to the laptop. I find using coach on the laptop much more convient (easier to see etc). However the next workout is not listed. You can't remove a favourite set on the phone from the laptop.

Surelty my login+device id would be sufficient security to prove it is me.

ellans
Jogger

Although Premium works with mobile devices, to reach an older demographic or a demographic which has sight issues,  FitBit may want to  create an app for desktops. Although I have a mobile phone and notebook, my preferred device is my desktop because it is easier to read and to manipulate tabs.  If one enlarges the screens on mobile devices for readability, the buttons may not work well. The verbal command modes like “ Hey Google” are a bit temperamental.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi again @ellans, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see Fitbit Premium available on desktop. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @AKemp, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see Fitbit Premium available on desktop or laptop. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

Kknuuti
First Steps
please make the premium workout videos accessible on laptop. I have iPhone X and the workout videos are just so dang small and hard to really see what they're doing when I'm fatigued and it's not like I can hold the phone to my face and workout. please & thank you!
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @KknuutiThanks for taking the time to explain why you'd like to have access to the Premium workouts videos on your laptop. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Bex71
First Steps
to make all the Fitbit premium videos and activities accessible on Laptop log in and not just via the Phone Ap
Bex71
First Steps

ok so after several days of trying to figure this out, getting no where with online chat and struggling with the 'Commuinty' on my phone and laptop to navigate the Help/suggestions options. I have now found, after posting my question/suggestion, how to access the Premium Videos on Laptop.  You actually need to go to Coach.fitbit.com (not Fitbit.com) and log in here to access all the Premium videos and activities on the Laptop. That said a link from the Fitbit.com login Dashboard would be helpful as it seems a number of people have asked the same question. 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Bex71. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion with us. Just to clarify, the Fitbit Premium features and workouts are currently available just on the iOS and Android app, however the Fitbit Coach workouts are available on the Fitbit Coach app and website.

The idea about having access to the Premium workouts on a laptop was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

VersaDude
Recovery Runner
Fitbit coach works best on its web version because you can view it on a bigger, static screen and also cast it to a wireless screen/TV for easier focused exercises. Doing these on a phone is incredibly awkward.
Would it be possible to unify the new premium experience and coach to have the premium videos and workouts also on the web?
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @VersaDude, thanks for explaining why you would like to have Fitbit Premium available on desktop or laptop. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.