Fitbit Sense "Blood pressure" in the ECG

I can't see any measurement related to "Blood pressure" in the ECG. However, Samsung and Apple did that. I hope fitbit can add this important function into the ECG app.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

23 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ROCTaiwan. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about including the blood pressure in the ECG app with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Cjkelley
Jogger

Cardiac monitoring would be the most beneficial enhancement Fitbit could make for health and safety of users.

farazehjaz
Recovery Runner
Estimation of Blood Pressure by Using Electrocardiogram (ECG) and Photo-Plethysmogram (PPG), a report summery about it can be read here: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7279972

It should be possible to get BP measurement through ECG and PPG + add fall detection through a software update 🙂
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @farazehjaz, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see Blood Pressure measurement by using ECG. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option. You can also check this other suggestion: Fallen Detection & Notification App.

I hope we receive updates soon.

StoneLaughter
Recovery Runner

I endorse this except that I don't only want it in the ECG since I have a Versa 3 - which lacks that feature. It would be brilliant if you could put it on the phone app dashboard and/or on the website dashboard... Thanks!

Cjkelley
Jogger

I really need the ECG function and can’t afford a new Versa!

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

StoneLaughter
Recovery Runner

Versa doesn't have ECG; only the Sense has that.

ROCTaiwan
Jogger

For the Blood Pressure Measurement, there is an APP available:  "My BP Lab 2.0" ("The University of California, San Francisco" My BP Lab study)

I suggest Fitbit can contact UCSF to join this APP too. It use PPG sensor to measure, and Fibit Sense can easily combine with PPG and ECG sensor to measure a more accurate data. (Samsung Active 2 also used this App too.)

We hope we can use Fibit Sense to measure Blood Pressure in the near future.  

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

This would be so helpful  I had a heart attack a few years ago and have a history of high blood pressure as so many do  The fact Samsung and Apple have both done it means it should be possible

SpO2
Recovery Runner

+ SpO2 oxygen level on ECG pages!

PS - Did anyone notice there is a bug 🐛in the android version where when you export multiple reports in the same minute, they overwrite each other and you end up with only one report?

spk01
Jogger
All Fitbit devices are currently a hybrid of a watch and health monitoring. If you eliminated the watch functionality (i.e., no screen), could you design an advanced health monitoring device including multiple monitoring technologies such as:
- Activity tracking
- Pulse rate
- Body temperature
- Blood oxygen
- EKG
- Blood pressure
Etc.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @spk01, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:
Measure Body Temperature

Heart rate zones alert feature

Show SpO2 on devices/app

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

spk01
Jogger

My suggestion was not to add new features to existing devices, but rather
to create an entirely new device.

HSS79
Strider

@ROCTaiwanthanks for sharing that "My BP Lab 2.0". I'm trying it out seems really interesting!. Fitbit should seriously collaborate with them.

HSS79
Strider

@spk01Interesting, Currently our strap is just a passive sillicone/plastic. They could come up with a strap that is active and filled with alot more sensors/battery to enhance on the basic watch functionality.

With a setup like this and all the sensors are all on the strap, the display could just be an addon one can buy and clip on to the strap.

This would be similar to the aurora ring tracker except its for wrist with a optional clip on display.

Coll041652
First Steps

I’m not asking for my Sense to read BP but why not add a feature like recording Blood Glucose which I add manually everyday. Give us a a BP addiction to at least manually enter it. 

Thomas Collins

Runswscissorsx9
First Steps

I honestly can't comprehend why this isn't on the dashboard already as it's an essential part of every single check up at the doctor. I don't personally need to track my menstrual health, I need to track my blood pressure as it coincides with my fitness and heart rate goals. We're looking at going with Samsung simply because of a tiny manual entry detail like this that Fitbit users have been requesting for years but have been denied. It's a shame...

Coll041652
First Steps

Yes, there should be an entry for BP and their stair climbing built into
the Sense is way, way off. I get out of bed and it reads I’ve done 2
floors! 😳 we have exactly 4 stairs up from family room and 3 steps down
or up to enter the house a one story one. Some days my Sense registers
12-17 floors!

I’ve texted them several times about this and get the reply they, Fitbit,
will update it. But nothing to date.

I compared the Sense to the Apple Gen 6 and picked the Sense because of
battery life. I think I might have made a mistake.

--
Thanks & Regards,

DrewDogg55
First Steps

I would love to just be able to enter my blood pressure manually a la the glucose function, at least until such features can be integrated. 

The easiest fix might be to add your parent company's app - Google Fit - to your integrations, as it allows users to manually log this date.  Fitbit could then sync with Google Fit and display the data/trends on a new tile.  

Between glucose and BP tracking and the ability to see trends over time, this would likely open up a new demo, and if you incorporate this data/trend information into wellness reports, you're b2b relationships with insurers, companies, and physicians would allow stand to reap benefits (as in market share and longer term contacts). 

In short, this capability would not only improve users health, but also your value proposition and even bottom line... Just my humble opinion as a loyal user! 💪💪💪

Handelj
First Steps

I have issues with my Kidney which requires minitoring of my Blood Pressure. So it would be very helpful, If Fitbit would add the BP Monitir to Fitbit Sense.

kgates51
Jogger
have not been able to find a way to check BP with my sense. If there is already one out great I would be interested
thanks
Kris
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @kgates51, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about tracking blood pressure on Sense. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Mushtaque
First Steps
  • Facility to log blood pressure readings
  • Capability of measuring BP 
  • Integration of the ECG and BP readings into the wellness report after the suggestions are finally implemented
  • Thank you
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.