Fitbit app charts improvement (grid underneath the graphs)

I have spoken to different FITBIT users about heart rate charts, and we all come to the conclusion that CHARTS should have MORE guidelines. Add granularity to the time axis.

Original FITBIT heart rate chart and guidelines are placed at 132 - 94 - 40

chart.png

What we suggest and why, more guidelines will help for a more accurate chart reading, I want to know how often and how much my heart rate is over 90 BPM, 80 BPM, 110 BPM, this will help us to be much more accurate.chart2.jpg

Hope this will be addressed, and come in a future update.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

38 Comments
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @dvdman, thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about having a better option to see your heart rate information, with us! I've moved it into a similar suggestion. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. You can also check this other suggestion: More in-depth sleep data analysis (eg impact of activity or HR on sleep).

If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

RebeccaRD
First Steps

Please make this data exportable as well, as well as having more granular data on the graph... including times on the bottom and the numbers for the HR on the left, maybe in increments of 10.

RebeccaRD
First Steps

Also, I cannot vote on this and this is what I am really looking for!!!

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Make-Heart-Rate-Data-export-in-Excel-CSV-format/...

Drjnsk
Jogger
Please reduce line thickness of heart rate graph in exercise. Provide time split on x-axis and movable cursor. Also provide an horizintal line for average HR.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Drjnsk, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see Fitbit app heart rate charts improvement. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

dwilson1.6180
First Steps
The graphs for heart rate zone information has horizontal lines to divide up the graph. These should be at the Heart Rate Zone boundaries for that user.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @dwilson1.6180, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to improve heart rate graphs. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

mjschal
First Steps

Hi, new Fitbit user here, two days in. The reason I got a Fitbit was to better understand my heart rate data. Right away, the Android app's graph and the webapp dashboard's graph disappointed me for the reasons others have described in this feature suggestion thread. The biggest improvement, I think, would be from using uniform grid lines in the graph. I hope Fitbit devs invest in this and related features.

DarrelH
Recovery Runner

20220610_105230.jpg

DarrelH
Recovery Runner

As you can see above in the photo of IOS Fitbit App exercise graph's on the right vs Android Fitbit mobile app exercise graphs on the left.

With the colourised incremental lines and the better colourisation of heart rate zones and the inclusion of out of zones Blue the IOS graphs is far superior to the Android interms of graphical data presentation.

Can we please have this presentation level within the Android Fitbit mobile app?

Peter1900
Recovery Runner

Hello. I have a similar request* and complaint about the lack of x-axis grid lines for the Active Zone Minutes (Day) and Weight Trends 30 Days graphs. This suggestion dates back from 2018. Why has this not been addressed neither here nor holistically across the app? 

It's standard best practice in data display to label and grid both the Y and X axis in meaningful ways to improve readability at a glance. Needing to click a point on the line to see what the real X value is is clunky and unacceptable and renders the graph FAR less useful. I'm amazed both that these pages were implemented without X axis grid lines, and that it was brought up 3 years ago without any action.

*I am hanging on the submit screen on clicking submit, otherwise I would post the links to those posts here. I'm speaking with Support now as to how to proceed.

Update: here:
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Add-hourly-grid-ticks-to-Active-Zone-Minutes-pag...

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Add-daily-grid-ticks-to-the-Weight-Trends-30-day... 

I'd like daily ticks at the bottom of the Weight Trends 30 days graph. As it is, showing today-30 days and "Today" at the end do absolutely nothing useful. It's kind of shocking that this and some other pages were designed without a grid for the x-axis. This is standard data display best practice and it should have been improved by now.

I'd like hourly ticks at the bottom of the Active Zone Minutes Day graph. 00:00, Noon, and 23:59 do nothing except remind this is over the course of 1 day, which is redundant. It's kind of shocking that this & some other pages were designed without a grid for the x-axis. This is standard data display best practice and it should've been fixed by now

I want to add a detail on why this is needed.

As-is, in order to see what date a weight/body fat percentage was logged, I must click the individual point on the graph where the line changes. This makes reviewing the graph cumbersome when a simple horizontal grid would show them all at a single glance.

I want to emphasize once again that this is a basic request where it comes to displaying a graph.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Peter1900, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding a grid underneath active zone minutes and weight graphs. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

May I also ask, why aren’t the peak heart rates in exercises the same peak heart rates when looking at heart rate graphs from the dashboard?

For example, @DarrelH posted images from iOS that show the peak heart rate in the exercise is not the same peak heart rate that day in the heart rate info posted above it on the right. I find this every day with my data. Is it a graphing bug? Or is there something else as to why peak heart rate in one part of the app is not the same peak data in another part of the app?

Thanks in advance.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.