Fitbit collar band and app for dogs or pets

I work at an animal hospital & have been there for almost 16 years. Time after time you see dogs come in that are overweight, we prescribe a prescription diet and they are told to increase the dogs activity. Today I had a dog come in for doggie daycare to incorporate more activity into her daily routine and I thought how great it would be to have a fitbit flex collar & chip that would track the animals steps, calories lost, weight, food & water intake, etc. I have 6 dogs of my own and it is very important to me that they get enough exercise. I think it would make people more conscientious of their dog's health as well. Not everybody walks with their dogs, sometimes a petsitter/dog walker walks them, play at doggie daycare or an owner will take them to the beach and watch the dogs run or swim. The app can be specific for dogs, the steps are calculated differently and the way they burn calories, the food logging portion can have all major dog foods/treats so the owner could track that as well. You could sell different fitbit flex collar band prints. People love there animals and want them healthy sometimes more than their own selves. The pets could reach goals too! Then they could get a printed fitbit tennis ball, Frisbee, collapsable travel food/water bowl, leash, etc for accomplishing biannual goals.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

110 Comments
Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

FrGreek
First Steps

The market has launched a new incentive by the offer for purchase provided by Google for Fitbit. This is an exciting opportunity to bear witness to the companies growth and integrations of Google Compatible products. As this message pertains to an idea for an entirely new Fitbit program, the idea is entirely for pets. A collar is a typical wear for animals and it can be hard identifying various activities that your pet may endear while you are away or inattentive. Hosting a Fitbit program series for pet to monitor activities of health, set reminders, and track using your mobile device (or web application) is essential to maintaining your pets overall health and wellness, keeping the connectivity between the family and pets active and happy.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @FrGreek, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option with Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

kristypower
Base Runner
Hi all, I have noticed that there is a fitbark app and tracker to track dogs steps, feeding, anxiety etc and you can track your steps through the app for the tracker and I understand that it isn't through the fitbit company but am curious if you guys will be creating a fitness tracker with the same tracking abilities as the human trackers but 4pets
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @kristypower, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to track the steps of your pet. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

snapshot50d
Jogger
Attach to collar. I thought it would be neat to see the sleep statistics on her (light, deep, REM, etc). Make it where the pet Fitbit could sync with the owners dashboard. Maybe even alerts if overheated/panting and needs water after walks

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @snapshot50d, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see a Fitbit collar band for dogs. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

TaniaRyl
Strider
pet activity
food intake control
GPS
against fleas
TaniaRyl
Strider

animals also have activity norms

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @TaniaRyl, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding Fitbit collar bands and app for dogs or pets. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.