Fitbit studio for Charge 5 to create clock faces and apps

While the Charge 5 has 23 different clock faces, it doesn't exactly fit what I would like to see, and others from looking at comments.
If a dev could design and publish a clock face for the Charge 5, I think the majority of complaints related to the clock display would be addressed.
Please! Add support for Charge 5 to the Fitbit Studio!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

214 Comments
Assad
Base Runner

Its time developer mode was opened.

If Fitbit doesn’t have time to build new Clock Faces for the Charge 5, at least open up developer mode so we can build new faces ourselves 

Regards Assad (ASK)

Justin_Adames
First Steps

Hi @LizzyFitbit,

I am writing to express my strong desire for Fitbit to add support for the Charge 5 to Fitbit Studio. As an avid Fitbit user, I believe that this feature would be incredibly valuable to the community, as it would allow users to design and publish their own clock faces for the Charge 5.

I believe that the Charge 5's display is more than large enough to accommodate custom clock faces, and that this feature would help to address the majority of complaints related to the clock display. In addition, as someone who is interested in pursuing a career in software development, I would love to use this feature as a way to showcase my skills and creativity to future job interviewers.

Imagine being able to show potential employers that I designed my own Fitbit digital clock, using the Fitbit API to retrieve data and create a unique and personalized experience for myself and other Fitbit users. This would be an incredible way to demonstrate my passion for technology and my ability to work with APIs and other developer tools.

In conclusion, I strongly urge Fitbit to add support for the Charge 5 to Fitbit Studio, as I believe that this feature would be hugely beneficial to the community and would provide a valuable opportunity for users to showcase their creativity and technical skills.

Thank you for considering my request.

LittlePeryton
First Steps

I would also like to express my desire for Charge 5 Fitbit Studio support. Given this model's advanced monitoring tech it was my best choice as someone with recently developed heart complications. It's become an invaluable tool for me, but as something I now wear and interact with all the time, I really do just wish it was nicer to look at 😞

There'd be nothing wrong with the clock faces we have if they weren't the ONLY options available. I was really disappointed to see that our handful of options were limited to interfaces that are overall clunky in their bold graphics and saturated, sporty color schemes that would be more at home on race car dashboards. These layouts end up being very visually cluttered, or in some cases, practically indicernable in the way they present their data.

That leaves five or six options on the more minimal, eyeball friendly side of things. But even then there's not one that escapes highly stylized font and color choices.

I guess, in summary, this is all just to echo what a lot of folks in this thread have already stated. These designs, while unique and well animated, wouldn't be most people's choice if choosing a watch for themselves to wear to work, or on a daily basis.

I can definitely see these designs really appealing to lifestyle fitness folk, athletes, and those with retro-leaning aesthetics- but the other 90% just want to be more mindful of their health and read the time clearly and easily on a clean display that won't clash with the nice jacket I like to wear to dinner out.

Also... Spotify compatibility... I'd be content on this earth with Studio support and Spotify compatibility 😭

後藤颯太
Base Runner
Yes. If Fitbit Charge 5 support Spotify, It will be helpful.
DanP007
First Steps

I hate the clock faces but love the look of the physical device.  Why are the clock faces so abstract?

Damcoole
First Steps
I continue to love getting these updates of frustrated owners with a simple
request being abjectly ignored by the company. Been stuck with this crappy
"slashed" face for the whole time because it is the least offensive, but
only in comparison to the other trash faces.

Only 8 more months till we're at the two year mark! I've kept my word to
NEVER buy another Fitbit product again that is for absolute sure. Once this
sucker dies, I'll draw a chart on my wrist in sharpie before I use another
fitbit.
dlegebok
First Steps

It would be great to be able to create custom clock faces. In the Fitbit SDK apparently there is no support for it either, so it would be nice to have this feature added since its available for the smartwatches. On the same note, it would be great to have the Charge 5 in the FitBit OS Simulator. 

Marksw
Jogger
100% agree!
stevefal
Jogger

After like a year of grousing about this whole issue of Charge 5 clock faces, I finally decided to take the plunge and exit the Fitbit sphere entirely. I bought a Garmin Epix, and holy moly, I am so glad. It cost heaps more money, but the thing goes 2 weeks on a charge, has incredible software and add-ons, and has plenty of customizable clockfaces from Garmin and other developers. I wish I'd done this long ago, but glad I finally came to this conclusion. Also happy to unsubscribe notifications on the various fruitless threads here.

The battery on my (new) Charge 5 went kaput last November, so that's what nudged me over the line. Haven't gotten around to it, but I think I'll do a final farewell video of the watch with a sledge hammer. Goodby Charge 5 and goodbye FitBit forever.

Marksw
Jogger
Awesome! Thanks for the info.
strath9
First Steps
It would be nice (and responsible) if someone at Fitbit would provide an
official reason why this device is not supported in Studio.

The fact that they don't leads to the only reasonable conclusion that the
company does not care about its customers once they have their money.
dlegebok
First Steps

Hi, I already chimed in but this post is getting much more attention again, so I think its worth sharing. I think the main issue is the lack of communication from fitbit. I can understand if the Charge 5 is using a different OS than the smart watch models, or the cost to develop this functionality simply is not worth it from fitbit’s perspective, but it would still be nice to hear that from fitbit. Additionally, if this is something fitbit is not sure about adding in the future, it would be nice to hear feedback about that as well. Because there isnt an official reason given yet, it just feels like its not a priority, and as a customer that feels discouraging.

Crombinator
Recovery Runner

Honestly, there is an overall lack of response from "Fitbit" in all of these forums. It is supposed to be a place where we can begin to request support, but I feel like it has been abandoned.

strath9
First Steps
HELLO FITBIT!!!!!!

Is there anyone monitoring this forum with any connection to the company
itself or is posting here a waste of time?

Did Google lay off all of the Fitbit employees?

It feels like this forum is now just an automated server and only exists to
make its customers feel like there is someone listening.
terriness
Jogger

So many comments with disappointment in this topic which could have been resolved so easily.   I have had 5 Fitbits over the years and my Charge 5 is just gathering dust.  Since my original post I purchased a Garmin Venu 2S and am thrilled beyond belief with it.  My battery lasts almost 2 weeks, it's professional looking for the office and built tough for working outside.  I loved Fitbit products and am very disappointed. 

strath9
First Steps
I wonder how much of this poor support is because of Google?
techfan42
Jogger
Sadly, not Google...Fitbit had been ignoring customer posts much longer
than that.
Snido81
Jogger

This forum really is a joke. They take the time to view the posts and read them, merge them into other similar posts.. So that they can just ignore them indefinately. If you want to save some money fitbit. Close the forum and make your moderators redundant. They serve no purpose. These ideas are clearly never passed on to any devs. They are just categorised and forgotten... Making your customers angry.

Marksw
Jogger
Right on!
Pommie
Recovery Runner

It's the truth!

Snido81
Jogger

Yes I will look at garmin for my next device also. I have heard good things. Certainly won't be purchasing another fitbit. Their customer engagement is beyond awful.

EriqBorg
Stepping Up

800th like from me now. Please, add Fitbit Charge 5 (FC5) support into Fitbit Studio. Software developers like me can then exponentially grow the FC5 usability FOR FREE. Fitbit gets regular monthly income from Fitbit Premium users - that alone justifies continuous support for FC5. A potential excuse of "it would be too expensive to add a support of FC5 into Fitbit Studio" is at least debatable, taking into account the regular monthly income, that other clock manufacturers don't have.

Clock faces for FC5 had to be done somehow, it has to be some kind of code with images, so I don't understand why people are forbidden to submit their own. Even if it was as clumsy as submitting code to this forum, the ability to hand over a new clock face for Fitbit to release would be very appreciated.

Spectation
First Steps

I have owned the Fitbit Inspire HR for some time and apart from the strap breaking after a year or so, it has served me well.

One of the things I have really liked about this watch is that you can have a watch face with: Time, steps, heartrate, calories, distance.
The only thing would be nice to have is a battery level also.

I was looking to buy the Charge 5, but I looked at the watch faces and they all look pretty awful, it looks like they went a bit mental with all the artsy designs that they actually forgot to think about what the user actually wants.
It has been nearly 2 years since this post was made and 9 pages of people commenting asking for the Charge 5 to be added to Fitbit Studio with nothing from the Fitbit team giving any idea on whether or not they would ever plan to add this.

I think I am going to move on to a different brand for my fit-watches now as it really looks like Fitbit is going downhill, very dissappointing 

planetWayne
Jogger

The annoying thing is there is just NO response from Fitbit officially! I wouldn't even mind if someone was to come back and say that its physically not possible.... but no.

I occasionally get the odd survey from Fitbit to which these days they are getting a negative response from me now... and still no feedback - even though I say 'yeah contact me about my answers'....

Maybe the email system is broken!?

Snido81
Jogger

@Spectation Yes unfortunately fitbit seem totally uninterested in fixing bugs, making improvements, or even engaging with their users. I have owned many fitbits over the years, but the charge 5 will be the last. I have head a lot of people say good things about garmin, so may look at their products for my next device.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.