Fitbit wallet utilizes Android/Apple pay

One of the biggest attributes that set the Ionic apart is the ability for contactless payments. While this is amazing, the selection is small and makes the market very narrow for actual results. To make this a simple and advanced feature, the best thing would be to have it simply act as an extension to the native Apple and Android pay systems. This would add a vast library of already certified banks and help to quicken the response to wallet as it only acts as an extension versus a while new system.

12 Comments
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

This would need an agreement between Fitbit and Android, Apple and I like Samsung pay. 

In any case Android, Apple and Samsung would have write their own ironic apps

mjrb
Jogger

this should be entirely possible and I don't understand why fitbit did not go for this approach to begin with. Doing their own platform is never going to provide the users with the same reach as the apple / android pay systems.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please add Google Pay, so we can use all the banks in the UK and other countries.

Many Thanks.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@SunsetRunner the search you did before posting should have brought up the existing request .

Google Play Music App for Ionic

Adding votes to an existing idea is very helpful in getting attention. 

SubmittgSus second request will caisecthe votes to get split, making the request less likely to be noticed. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Fairly certain that the SDK for Google pay is reliant on it running through the Android operating system making it impossible on a Fitbit watch running on FitbitOS. 

Would be nice if it was possible but I don't think it will. Whereas the idea of Google play music may work as I remember their being an app on windows phone that did it.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. 

Razorfin8
Jogger

For electronic paying, Android and Apple pay have already established a massive list of banks.  Why not partner with them?  This doesn't have to be permanent, just until you have a competitive list.  I use 4 banks and only 2 are supported.  I would love to have this and based on the other suggestions I've seen, I'm sure others would too.  Another solution to this would be using the wallet app but being able to import banks to it via Android/Apple pay.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Could you look into linking the Apple Pay to Fitbit Pay?  Many thanks

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

ChristineC68
Jogger
Can you add PayPal or Apple Pay to fit pay?
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ChristineC68, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to use Apple Pay with Fitbit Pay. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.