Fitness Tracking Ring (for Hand)

It would be geat if there were an option for a fitness tracking (steps) ring for the hand.  I enjoy my Fitbit watch, but many times I wish I could just wear one of my many watches instead of a fitness watch.  A ring, however, could fix this because it could track your steps whithout taking the users preference for style away. 

It could contain simi-transparent display to show steps or just be a solid piece of metal (or rubber) that doesn't show steps - I'd be ok with either.  After searching for this online and coming up empty handed, I decided to check the US Patent DB system.  I see that Fitbit has a patent on Fitness Tracking devices and references various mediums for tracking (belts, hats, RINGS, etc), so the patent is already covered.  

Worth the research on market demand.  

Moderator edit: labels.

106 Comments
SLDunnett
Stepping Up

Ciao, 
I have used the fitbit for quite a while, I have bought several as Christmas gifts for my family and friends as well because I love them so much. It helps keep track of my steps and fitness as well as my heart rate all day and I love that. 
I have bought three Surge fitbits .. (some as gifts as I have mentioned earlier). I love my Surge but I sometimes find it hard to wear at all times. I would love to be able to track my sleeping patterns and heart rate in the night but because it is uncomfortable to wear at night, I am unable to do so. 
I would really LOVE to see fitbit introduce a new product such as a fitbit Ring. One in which is super sexy, sleek, comfortable, easy to wear, waterproof, (so you can swim or shower with it on) dust proof etc... and also has all the features that I am looking for... step tracking, activity tracking, calories burned totals, heart rate, sleeping patterns, etc. with an app that functions with the ring that works on IOS, Android, and Windows. 

I do believe that the ring would be so much more comfortable to wear during sports activities as well and not to mention during the night while sleeping. 

I would be the first in line to buy many of them as I know a lot of my friends feel the same way as I do... a Ring just makes it easy and comfortable to wear all the time. 

I have seen other fitness tracking rings on the market and personally, I would love to have a fitbit Ring because it is a product that I love and trust. This would take fitbit to a whole new level!!! 

Auntieem42478
First Steps

Yes, please!  I would like to be able to wear other jewelry, and my Fitbit band doesn't always work (or look) best with this.  Dresses don't always have a good place to clip a monitor, so a ring would be perfect!  I have seen others on the market, but I trust Fitbit and like the integration it offers with other apps I currently use.

Lwish
Recovery Runner

It would be awesome to have a fitness ring that tracked steps, stairs, heart and sleep. Just can't sacrifice features for small size. I have bought several fitbits and am a long time fan but was disappointed when I didn't read far enough when I bought the new Fitbit Alta HR due to it size and then found that it meant I had to give up features. Competition is heating up

Daisyxray
Stepping Up

I like the idea of my wrist being free of a watch band and I would much rather have a waterproof ring fitness tracker!! There is a company called Motiv that is already working on this production.   I'd like to stay in the Fitbit family do you think this is something fitbit will also produce? I've owned almost all Fitbit devices with the exception of the Fitbit  one and the Alta       What's new and up and coming?!?!

Caro888
First Steps

ring with silent alarm

Rizman
First Steps

Would love to see a ring as well! Have been wearing my Fitbit religiously for about 2 years and want to keep up the tracking, but have some nice watches that haven't see light of day in a while.  Motiv is interesting - just not on the fitbit platform...

mojoonthego
First Steps

Please make a fitbit ring....  we own several fitbits... and like each one better than the last.  my whole family is linked together and we track each other.   I don't want to be the one to jump off the fitbit group but I really want the ring!  I use the alta right now and it is small and a nice bracelet but there are so many times I want to wear a bracelet and not the alta at the same time...

Nlahlouh
First Steps

Hey you guys! I love my fit bit but I can't always wear it on my wrist. When I use the magnet holder it is okay, but I've lost it a couple times. I've always wanted to be able to wear it as a ring. this new company MOTIV has done just that. I'm tempted to buy it, but the fit bit app is awesome and all my friends have it so I can compete with them. Best of all you guys sync with other apps I use. So, will you guys come out with a Fitbit ring?? Please!

Shleegee
First Steps

I would love a ring! I have the charge two and am totally willing to sacrifice a screen for waterproof wearability. Activity tracking, heart rate, sleep tracking, calorie burning through the app, and vibrations for alerts/alarms.

kennykhlee
Recovery Runner

I too would love a ring.  I have had several fitbit products over time and currently own a surge + one.  I use the surge 70-80% of time but it's at the cost of not wearing my other watches/bands.  The continuous flow of data is what I want and when I dont wear either, I'm losing out.  Using my One solves some of it but I've lost several One's already as a result.  A ring would be a perfect solution (and one I would wear to bed).  

deelyn
First Steps

I would love to know if there is a thought of using a ring even if it's just for a heartbeat monitor to go with a product like the Fitbit ONE.   I cannot use watch bands on the wrist but I love my Fitbit One and would love to have some kind of Monitor for the Heart rate.   I saw where Motiv  has come out with a ring.  I love Fitbit but if something happens to my One I might have to start looking for something different.  

CarlyJo
First Steps

I would love for my significant other to wear a fitbit and use it along side me, but he absolutely hates wearing anything on his wrist. However, he is extremely open and excited about the idea of a ring that could do step tracking, heart rate monitoring, sleep tracking, and have a silent alarm. He thinks that the features offered in fitbits are very useful but do not out way his discomfort of "wearing something on his wrist for the rest of his life". A ring would be wonderful!!!!!

amousleigh
First Steps

As intrigued as I am about the Motiv ring, I am hesitant to buy because I like the FitBit App and it would seem laborious to learn to navigate ANOTHER activity tracker.  A ring would seem to be the perfect mesh of fashion & function.  

Blackamibo
First Steps

Hello everybody, to the powers-that-be it would be great if there was a Fitbit ring. Don't get me wrong I like the Fitbit Blaze but I would really like to have something really small waterproof that I can wear and not get in the way. 

Darren.x
First Steps

I like my fitbit and even have spares however like others have mentioned a ring is the way to go - seriously considering moving to a motiv ring - would love to stay with fitbit because of my history however likely to lose me......

SLDunnett
Stepping Up

An update for me: 

I never heard back from FitBit regarding the tracker ring. I searched for a tracker ring and Motiv is a very nice one but does not ship to Canada. I found another ring and ordered it. Oura... they also go above and beyond because this ring not only tracks your exercise, but it also is excellent in tracking your sleeping patterns, dream stages...etc... awesome!!! I love it!!! So, if you are looking for something such as this, try the Oura Ring. 

kennykhlee
Recovery Runner

do you have an actual ring?  went on their site and it seems you can't even buy one. Only pre-order and wont ship til April 2018.  

SLDunnett
Stepping Up

Yes, I have the one that they started out with, it was my first one that I bought from them. I also pre ordered the new version that they came out with which is super slim and I am sure will fit better than the first more bulky one. The Oura ring is amazing and I really love it. 

kennykhlee
Recovery Runner

thanks for the feedback.  Like many on this thread I'd love for Fitbit to develop a ring.  Hope this is on their product development roadmap otherwise I'm inclined to try the Oura! 

foreverdancing
Recovery Runner

I'm hoping fitbit will release a ring that is waterproof and I can use when my alta hr isn't appropriate. I want both!

Than_Taylor
First Steps

I’d really like to see Fitbit release a ring option. It would be great to have steps, activity, and HR captured by something so compact. As a wrist watch enthusiast, it would be great to not have to wear a second “watch”. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

r2lls
Jogger

I have followed the Motiv Ring and new Oura Ring for a while. They track steps, heart rate, calories burned, sleep etc. But I WILL NOT leave my Fitbit interface. I love it too much! 

Fitbit should make a fitness Ring to track all the wonderful things it already does. This would allow people to track their fitness with something more subtle than a watch. 

Then I could finally put on a bracelet from time to time! 🙂

VOTE UP for a fitness tracking RING!

bkap1
First Steps

I am also interested in A ring from Fitbit. What is the status of this idea?

beloveland
First Steps

I like having a wear OS watch, but I miss having a fitbit! If you put out a titanium ring  I would buy it in a millisecond. I miss having an actual fitbit device, with the fitbit quality and fitbit community, so Motiv wouldn't cut it.  I can't wear two things on my wrist  for aesthetic reasons 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.