Flex 2 with Charge 3 capability

Would love a slim form factor fitness tracker kind of like the flex 2 but with the charge 3 type of measurement.  I wouldn't need a screen, just something as thin as possible but with the same kind of data that I'd get from my charge 3.  Not sure if there is a similar demand from others but I'd thought I'd make a suggestion and let others vote if they'd like the same.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

9 Comments
JohnnyRow
Cosmic Hurdler

Have you looked at the Inspire HR?

solidunity
Jogger

I have.  I’d be interested in a slim one like their retired flex 2 (basically a bracelet) but having the more advanced tracking like the charge HR.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @solidunity thank you for your excellent suggestion. I have no doubt that others will like this idea.

Rocky2007
Stepping Up

Fitbit needs another slim and minimalist waterproof tracker.

Unless Fitbit comes up with another tracker like the flex 2 in the future, the day mine stops working and I can’t purchase another flex 2 will be the day I stop buying any Fitbit product.

Also, it seems counterintuitive that the Fitbit moderators reference this idea board as the place to make suggestions, and then it makes you agree not to make suggestions...

Jooel87
First Steps

As a suggestion for a future product, I would like to see a slim and discreet fitness wristband with equivalent features as the Ionic. Although Charge 3 and Inspire HR are good fitness wristband I would personally like to see a product even more discreet and narrow/slim but still have e.g. Built-in GPS, Heart Rate, Multi-Day Battery, a Tough Screen (Corning Gorilla Glass 3), Water-Resistant and Swim Tracking, Sleep Stages, Resting Heart Rate, Cardio Fitness Level I don’t think a big display is necessarily because the product can be controlled from the app, it would be enough if you can see heartbeat, pace, distance etc.

I believe that this product would be very useful and popular for people (like myself) who like to wear other watches and still wear their Fitbit-product at the same time. Other people in my acquaintance are also asking for this type of product and other competitors are providing similar solutions like the one i am suggesting, but I would prefer to not switch from Fitbit.

I look forward to hearing thoughts on my suggestion.

Kind regards,

Joel

Sweden

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Jooel87, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this board organized.

Ykobayashi
First Steps

I agree with this 100%. I am a big watch person and I have many, like to wear them on my left wrist. I don't want something else that looks like a watch on the other wrist like I'm wearing 2 watches. It's why I gave my Charge 2 HR to my daugther and "downgraded" to the Flex 2. I miss some of the features like the HR monitoring and stair tracking but its a much more subtle and elegant form factor and doesn't make me look like I am wearing 2 watches. I looked at the Inspire HR but again it looks too much like a digital watch. I prefer the elegant and subtle black bracelet with a few small LED dots look. 

HelenGraham
Jogger

This would be amazing! I had the One, Force (until it was recalled), Flex, and now my Flex 2 for several years. Flex 2 is definitely my favorite. Even the Force was too big for me, so I've avoided anything but Flex since then. I was sad to see they discontinued the line and I'm worried about what I'll do when mine dies.

I've considered the Versa and Charge trackers, but they and even the Alta seemed too big for my wrist. I do sometimes still eye them just because of the extra features (especially the advanced sleep tracking which would be useful for my sleep disorder). But when it comes down to it, I'd rather forgo the extra features to keep one with a slim profile. I barely feel it on my arm, unlike the bigger ones which I end up not wearing. 

Also, although the clock display would be useful at times, I already feel overwhelmed by constant screens everywhere. So I think having one on my wrist would not be helpful for my mental health. 

Even if it's impossible to put the HR and other sensors in a tiny device, I hope they make a Flex 3 of some kind! This line filled a niche that is not covered by any of the other products. Extra slim profile and screenless. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.