Flex 3 with heart-rate monitor (and no screen)

The Flex 3 should add HR monitoring, while keeping the form factor (including no screen). The Alta's are nice, but too bulky (and can't be used for swimming).

This community discussion sums it up pretty well:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Flex-2/Request-for-Flex-3/td-p/2937962

102 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @alma12! We look forward to hearing what other community members think. Woman Happy

chashmish
Keeping Pace

I fully support this.  I've been using Fitbit's with screens for a few years now and while I love Fitbit's tracking capabilities, I do not like the smartwatches. My Blaze is fine, but it's on its last leg. I tried loving the Versa, but I don't (and it's seriously buggy). So I'm heading to the Apple Watch camp, but I still want a Fitbit and it's silly to be wearing two "watches" so I would really prefer a Flex with HR capabilities. It would be great with a stretchy bracelet to keep the tracker positioned to measure HR. 

Mayank_kr
First Steps

I absolutely love the no screen minimalist design of the flex 2 its really one of a kind in the market right now . 

BUT.. It doesn't have a heart rate monitor and thats t bummer since it is a fitness band. 

So, it will be great if you guys add heart rate monitor in the flex 2 itself or in the future flex 3 but please make it quick. 

Grait
Jogger

Looking forward to flex 3 . Please add s’more secure buckle along with Heart rate monitor 👍

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Love the idea. I currently have an Apple Watch but have had Charge 2, Alta and an old Fitbit One. I also used a misfit Ray for a couple of years as it was good looking, discrete and allowed me to wear a regular watch as well, but the functionality of the Ray was pretty poor. If Fitbit can design a good-looking tracker with connected gps, heart-rate tracking and swim-tracking, and which allows me to wear my Skagen watch, I'd buy it in an instant. I also like the idea of a stretchy strap rather than a regular buckle

sosico
Jogger
I would really like to get this! I'm looking for the exact same thing I don't want another screen in my life, I love the flex and the minimal design, I don't want the Alta HR it's too bulky, I don't want another screen I just want something thin and minimal as the flex 2 but with Heart Rate capabilities
whital
Recovery Runner

This is a phenomenal idea as I could get the benefit of HR tracking in a Fitbit while still allowing me to wear my dial-watch. The flex is thin enough that I don't feel like I'm wearing 2 watches if I wear it on one wrist and my dial-watch on the other.

Sg_Agnes
First Steps

Totally agree. I m eagerly waiting for the new born flex 3 - slim, with heart rate monitor, step tracker but no screen...and more option for the band. . It is difficult to get the original replacement band here in Southeast Asia

727adriel8632
Jogger

If Fitbit flex comes out with HR and Sleep stages tracking more people would use Fitbit. Because some people wanna wear it with their normal watch non electronic. If they use the fitbit flex 2 they can’t get hr or sleep stages at that point is almost the same as their phone tracker. I like to track it all and I’m a business man so some times I wanna wear a fancy watch but I still wanna track my fitness ! 🙂 

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @727adriel8632, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here.

KickBoxingBuff
First Steps

I have worn a FitBit Charge and Charge2 for years.  I recently received a watch for a gift and now am looking to move to the Flex.  I love the discreet design of the Flex2 (no screen!) and the different wearing options, but it would be ideal for me if it included tracking sleep stages.  Hoping to see plans for a Flex 3 release soon!

abe55
First Steps

same, would like a discreet fitness tracker with HR monitor.  the slimmer the better.

sorin7486
First Steps

I have a Fitbit Charge 3 that I like very much but unfortunately it's not the best suited watch for all circumstances. I'd really like to wear a regular watch from time to time, but I feel bad about leaving the Fitbit home. Because of this I'd really like something like the Flex, without a screen, that I could wear on my other hand on those occasions. It's much smaller and inconspicuous so it would work. 

MJM0613
Jogger

Love my automatic watches and my Fitbit flex. I currently alternate a Flex 2 with an Ionic just so I can get sleep details, resting heart rate and exercise heart rate. A single Flex 3 with no screen and with a heart rate monitor would be ideal for those of us who love fitbit, but not digital screens. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I fully support the idea of a flex 3 as well to include silver bangle option as is with the flex 2. I own a flex 2 & an Alta HR but love my traditional fashionable watches so I tend to wear the flex 2 more. Please release this soon! I will be our cashing in addition to multiple bands and silver option of available!

hbenbow
Jogger

I agree! I love using my Fitbit for sleep tracking, but when I had the original Flex, I found it too bulky to sleep with . I love the size of the Flex 2.

I really want to upgrade to have HR tracking, but know I wouldn't be able to sleep comfortably in the products that offer HR because they're too bulky. 

Please add HR tracking to your next Flex!

Lizzonyaa
First Steps

I was just talking to my boyfriend and best friend, who both wear Fitbits, and we would all LOVE a slim design, screen-less, HR tracking bracelet. The Flex 3 sounds like the way to go by adding the Heart Rate feature. I currently wear the Charge 2 and it is too bulky with the screen and I can't wear my other nice watches at the same time without looking like a weirdo, and I definitely cannot take my fitbit off! 

ag1lefb18
First Steps

I totally agree and I would buy all my family members and some close friends fitbit flex 3 with HR if this comes to reality. I love my current flex 2 but really wish it has HR feature. I wear regular watches (try to be human in this digital era) and not really a fan of smart watches. Please, please make a flex 3 with HR. Thanks.

Chargehr22
First Steps

I would love the flex 2 if it could have HR and track steps. Hopefully the flex 3 will do everything the charge 3 can track but also keeping its slim and no screen design!

gianflavio
First Steps

Yes! I love my flex 2, but I wanted more features after seeing how different my friend's app is, she told me she owns an alta HR. I was about to pull the trigger on the HR since its relatively slim (although I still love my flex's design more and i could care less about the screen) but its not waterproof and my flex 2 is. 
The googling led me here, I'd love to see a flex 3 with the capabilities of the alta HR or the charge 3 but with no screen and keeping the form factor. Please fitbit!

MobiM
Jogger

I love that the Flex 2 is so light weight and is waterproof. I bought an expensive Garmin to replace it - just to get a “resistant to 50 meters” device that has a heart rate facility. But, although the Garmin is water resistant and can be worn swimming and showering, and has a heart rate monitor, it is just too big and very uncomfortable. I can’t wait to take it off. All the trackers (including the Fitbits) that have a screen are too big. They’re awful to sleep with, so monitoring sleep is difficult. But I hardly know I’m wearing the Flex 2. PLEASE release this same style with just an added heart rate monitor. 

Rinalya
Jogger

A heart rate monitor on flex 3 would be great.

however the current bands stain on the led circles too fast, even cleaning them every day. They yellow and brown so another band type would be better. Maybe something similar to Alta only smaller. 

Callelk
First Steps

Agreed, I am a watch wearer to include an Apple Watch on occasion but my go to watches, which are many, work with the narrow Flex platform and a heart rate monitor would be the only change I would suggest.  Its a shame the Flex has been discontinued, I will not by a watch style/enabled fitness tracker other than the Apple Watch.

Rinalya
Jogger

I am disheartened that flex 2 is discontinued as I am not permitted a fitness tracker with a screen at my workplace. This means an Alta or inspire is out of the question for me.

I have my flex 2 but am disappointed there’s no flex 3 to replace it.

Kokopelli
Base Runner

Ok... i am all in for a flex3,  apparently I was messaging in the « wrong » category.

new products came out yet no flex 3, slick, discreet, efficient that enables one to wear a regular elegant watch... 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.