Get rid of Adobe Flash Player from the website

Please rewite the Dashboard and Log on the web site using non-Flash technology, preferably HTML5.

Flash is too much of a resource hog on desktops and doesn't run on iOS devices.

Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

260 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I guess that makes sense. I mean, apple’s health app doesn’t seem to have a web interface… I just wish Fitbits products were a bit more dependable. It’s just so annoying when something breaks and the company just shrugs their shoulders but what can you do? I’m just happy my credit card company had the extended warranty, so I can get my money back on Fitbit and change ecosystems.
DutchHarry
Recovery Runner

hey to all - fitbit already changes step by step the website/webapplication.

I think it was this summer or late summer where I saw that Fitbit has changed from Flash to HTML5 graphs. 

So this is done. 

So thank you Fitbit! There is progress that we can see. 

JennyRed
Jogger

@DutchHarry On the Log Food page, there is still the Food Stats section that is supposed to show the calorie intake over the last 30 days, and this section still has the error message, "You are seeing this because you don't have Adobe Flash plugin installed. Get Adobe Flash to view this graph." That is specifically what my original post was about and no, this has not changed. On another post, back in May of 2018, @LizFitbit said it was "Under Consideration" and Flash was slowly being removed from some areas. Talk about slow. Five years to update a feature that needs outdated software to run? Come on, Fitbit. you're better than this. 

pobenergy
First Steps

I'm seeing the same as you are @JennyRed. I'm on the latest Chrome as of 3/18/23. I'd love to know what is actually showing up here and how it can help better my experience

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I actually gave up on Fitbit a few months ago and switched over to Apple. Luckily my credit card insurance paid me for my 18 month old broken Fitbit!
DRT1404
Jogger

Flash is no longer supported by Adobe and should be removed.  "A few" is not the majority.

BrightSkied
Jogger

Any progress on the Flash removal updates, and specifically on getting the "calorie intake over past 30 days" graph updated? I know how to do the workarounds with full CSV exports and Excel/Google Sheets, but for something that's literally a dashboard feature, I don't think I should need to. 

Kiami
First Steps
The chart called "Food stats" on the https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log page requires flash to show, but flash has not been a supported feature on browsers since 2020. This feature needs to be re-coded to not run through flash to be visible.
Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Kiami, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about removing Adobe Flash Player from the food section of the online dashboard with us. This product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.