Give us more Sleep analysis by allowing overlay with exercise/steps/etc

Sleep tracking is great. However at the moment the data is useless as is. It would be nice to be able to see what the stats were the day prior to that sleep data.

For example, Monday I had the best sleep of the week. Why? I am not sure. But if I could see that Sunday  was one of my most active days, I could tell that Monday's sleep was probably correlated! Someway for us to overlay the prior days stats to the sleep data would go a long way!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

13 Comments
jwells54
Recovery Runner

For sleep, I would like to be able to pull up two widgets at once so I can compare the sleep patterns with my heart rate at the same time (Charge HR).  I want to see how my restlessness compares to my heart rate jumping/dropping.  

Moderator Edit: Labels.

jwells54
Recovery Runner

Someone mentioned that they suggested the HR and Sleep Monitor be shown together (which is my main focus) but I still believe that the ability to open multiple widgets at once would be helpful.

Vote for Michael's suggestion for the Sleep Tracker and HR overlap!!  (Below)
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Web-Dashboard-Suggestions/Expand-Sleep-Reporting-to-include-HR/idi-p...

kev585
Stepping Up
I would assume/hope their premium service does something like this. Analysis of the data is what I humbly think fitbit or any other tracker should focus on to distinguish from the herd
Knowledge
Pace Setter

Unfortunately the premium does not do this (I have it). The only thing it does is graph for you the average monthly awake moments so you can see a trend but nothing like overlaying activity/heart rate/etc to give you an idea as to why your trend has changed

EiLL
First Steps

Yes please!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This a great idea. I think it would be great to have different widgets to see data. Having a sleep widget and a heart rate widget would be great to be able to compare our sleep day by day using heart rate. Hopefully this would be implemented in the nearest future! Thanks for your suggestion. 

RobertoME
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This is great feedback! I will definitely relay the posts in this feature request to our product development team for review. Be on the look out for future updates and I hope to see it soon!

fedayn
Jogger

Hi,

I'd like to do how well I'm doing in those categories compared to other days. For instance, I'm burning too much fewer calories than yesterday and I'd like Fitbit tells me: "You're so lazy, stand up and walk for 10 minutes in the next hour to catch up with your calories burning!

It'd be nice to be able to compare working days with working days and public and the same for public days. It doesn't make sense comparing your activity between a working and a public day.

Thank you.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @jwells54 and commenters, thanks for your suggestion.

We're always working to streamline our offerings as we introduce new products. Although it has been a very popular product for us, we will soon stop selling Fitbit Surge. If you're looking for a new device, we recommend considering Ionic. Ionic is a motivating timepiece packed with fitness guidance, health insights, music storage, apps, and more. You can learn more about Ionic at https://www.fitbit.com/ionicor compare the Fitbit family of products at https://www.fitbit.com/compare.

Please note that we’ll continue to support Surge from a software standpoint, along with any questions you might have during your use of the product. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit devices you love and help you reach your goals.

I think your suggestion is a good one, so I took the liberty of changing the label and title so that it is applicable to future products and exercise developments.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback with us.

dudj41
First Steps

Hi

This article about someone who tracked  The Effects of Caffeine, Alcohol, and Exercise on Sleep: Analyzing the Surprising Results

If you go directly to "The Effects of Exercise" section, the author analyizes the effect of training on sleeping stages. I thought this would be a cool feature to have.   

Whammie
First Steps

Please add this feature. My bottles aren't the same sizes as the default ones and I would love to be able to customize them to meet my personal needs. 

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Knowledge and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience :). To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on the Fitbit app as you'll now receive insights that show cross-correlations between Sleep and other areas of health. You can find more details here: Fitbit Insights.

@Knowledge, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.