Go to Bed Notification

Somebody already wrote about this idea in a vague sort of way. With the new update and the sleep goal, I think it can be implemented easily. I'd like to to get a little bit more specific

Fitbit can use the data for the sleep goal to prompt a notification for when I should go to bed.

Here's how:

Users in the "go to bed notification" selects how much earlier he/she wants to be notificated. 30 minutes? 1 hours? or even more (anybody adapts to his/her bed routine). From the next alarm subtract the sleep goal and the time set by the user. 

Ex. Next alarm at 6 am. I want to achieve a goal of 7 hr of sleep and be prompted 1 hr before going to bed. My fitbit should vibrate at 10pm with a message telling me "Stop whatever you're doing! It's time to sleep! "  🙂

Obviously it only works if you have alarm set on a fitbit, and if you put a sleep goal in your application.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

6 Comments
bkherallah
Stepping Up

Since Fitbit knows how sleep-deprived I am, and what time I usually wake up, why can't my watch/mobile app remind me that I need to go to sleep at night?

It can also include a "total sleep debt" display as well showing up on devices with screens

Thanks

Reil
First Steps

I'd like to add a bit more to this idea. Fitbit added a sleep goal with the latest update.

I think they can use it to prompt a notification for when I should go to bed.

Here's how:

Users in the "go to bed notification" selects how much earlier he/she wants to be notificated. 30 minutes? 1 hours? or even more (anybody adapts to his/her bed routine). From the next alarm subtract the sleep goal and the time set by the user. 

Ex. Next alarm at 6 am. I want to achieve a goal of 7 hr of sleep and be prompted 1 hr before going to bed. My fitbit should vibrate at 10pm with a message telling me "Stop whatever you're doing! It's time to sleep! " 🙂

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@Reil This is a great idea! I can see this feature potentially helping users be more consistent with their sleeping schedules and help users receive more sleep in general. I will be sure to relay your feature request to our team for review.

Thanks for posting on the Feature Request Board!

Reil
First Steps
I'm glad that you liked it 🙂
Reil
First Steps

A small update. I've found this website that I'd love to see integrated in Fitbit: http://sleepyti.me/

It can tell when to go to sleep according to sleep cycles (90 minutes every cycle) and it also consider 15 minutes that on average, a person needs before falling asleep.

Status changed to: Released
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thanks for sharing your ideas with the Community. This feature, reminders to sleep, has been implemented in our newest trackers, the Alta HR and the Charge 2. You can get more information about it here.

Thanks for sharing your ideas and showing your support for this one.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.