Google calendar alarm integration

I'd love it if my Fitbit would vibrate when I have an upcoming meeting in my google calendar.

Moderator Edit: Updated label

25 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

Great suggestion! Thanks for posting 🙂

Dynom
First Steps

I was about to request that same feature, excellent idea! It would be a really nice addition to the caller-id feature on the Charge. And, I have to admit, I expected it to be available already, since the app requested access to my calendar..

Anyway, hoping to see this feature in soon!

Kipje
First Steps

Sounds handy! 😄

Fr8trane91
First Steps

Great idea. Please expand it to include other calendars (iOS, etc.).

Bryan_W
First Steps

I would love it if my Flex was able to integrate with my Google Calendar as well.  Also, it would nice if I could select a day in beyond tomorrow to set an alarm for.  Today is Wed. and I have a very important meeting on Friday that I would like to set an alarm for, but am unable to do so unless I select the "Repeats" option.  This will work for now as a work-around, but it would be nice to not have to delete the alarm if I only want to use it once.

Roneckjr
Walker
This would be amazing!
pquimby
First Steps

I would really like my Fitbit to set dynamic alarms based on Google calendar events. It would be great if I got a discreet 5 minute notice before I needed to be somewhere. It would help me get out of meetings on time and remember that I have a meeting coming up next.

Michael
5K Racer

I think this would be good, but it shouldn't be limited to Google calendar, it should just work off the calendar on your smartphone.

jazzinthed
Jogger
This would push Fitbit over the edge for me (in a good, no GREAT way)! Please, please, please! Bring this to us! I don't care if I have to charge my Fitbit more often.
jamsearosen
First Steps
TravisPflanz
Jogger

An integration with Google Calendar for a silent alarm would be awesome on so many levels!

andersriedel
First Steps

Any plans on integrating a notifier for Google Calendar in the near future? I'm currently a happy Fitbit Surge customer and just as many others, I would greatly appreciate this feature.

Ninet4
Stepping Up

This missing feature is the only thing holding me back from buying a Surge or a Charge HR.  The tracker is already connected to mobile phone and able to take notifications (calls and text), add Calendar Notifications (perhaps even allow for the user to selected which calendars and which notifications get sent to the phone).

AfroGear
First Steps
Please consider adding silent alarm options for Google Calendar. That would be amazing on my Charge HR!
seamac2016
First Steps

Fitbit is falling behind market by not offering calendar notifications on the Surge and Charge HR. May other trackers do. Please make this happen as the request has been there for two years now... I'm considering replacing my Charge for this solely reason and go to another brand.

LeDopeChef
Base Runner

Absolutely agree with this thread.

I own a Charge, and would like to upgrade to a ChargeHR simply as I'm not really a runner but I'm a very active person who performs various other sports activities that are not step based, and would be interested to be able to monitor my heartrate whilst training. However, I'm really torn between sticking with fitbit and certain other market competitors which offer much more functionality in terms of display and notifications.

The fitbit app requests access to calendar, and has an OLED display capable of running a line of text, in-fact it does so for the greeting message at device start (but why? Does anyone really use it? Does anyone find this feature useful?) It would be a much, much better device if the character limit were expanded, and the device would give a little vibe and then display the message of your calendar appointment across the screen of the fitbit. I'm not very fussed about things like Whatsapp notifications or caller ID or even music controls if I'm honest, they'd be nice but for the most part, if I were ever in a situation where I were able to take my phone out, I'd just take the phone out.

I'm sure though (well I can quite clearly see) that many people agree the ability to glance at your watch and discreetly know you have an appointment coming up is an invaluable thing, but at the moment I kinda just feel like it's a glorified pedometer that doesn't do all that much... I'm not really a watch person, and I don't need to be reminded to exercise nor does the gameified experience do anything to motivate me, I would exercise with, or without the fitbit. I wear it because my girlfriend got it for me, and it's nice to be able to look back and see "Ok last week I achieved x, let's now push for y!" but with other competitors offering more functionality at a similar price-point it's hard to convince myself a fitbit device is currently the device I need to do this.

The first request for this dates back to 2013! Please Fitbit? C'mon!

untoten
First Steps

Requested 10/3/2014, it's now 4/14/2016 and no update at all even after a moderator said it was a nice idea....

I want my fitbit HR to give a silent alarm when I have an upcoming meeting.  Subject via UI would be great but just the alarm alone would be huge...!!!!

ricoNomad
Jogger

Wow, over a year and still no movement on this popular request. It's a pity. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@ricoNomad my Blaze does vibrate when a Google calendar sends a notification, i believe the Alta does also. I would say there is movement

labyrinth9
First Steps

I just wanted to keep this going thread going. Please add this feature!

andersriedel
First Steps

This is no longer relevant to me. I loved my Surge and especially the Fitbit interface, but I had to go back to the store with a broken tracker 3 times, and then they gave up and provided me with a voucher instead. I then bought a Garmin Forerunner 235 and WOW! Just wow! Everything, except the app interface, is better than the Surge and just to keep this relevant, it gives me the same alerts I get on my iPhone including calendar notifications. Not a touch screen tracker (but buttons work surprisingly well), 7+ days of battery time, waterproof, solid, more comfortable strap and I can even download third-party apps for it.

Fitbit you really need to get moving, or everyone else will pass you... Soon.

laffytaffy
First Steps

I'd really appreciate it if you were to make the Fitbit Calendar Notifications compatible with Google Calendars for iOS users. I don't use the Apple Calendar app, so it would be helpful. 

Thank you. 

JayJ
Jogger

The same thing goes for Firtbit Charge 2 and others.  I use Google calendar too so please let us select which calendar to use in iOS just like in Android.

JayJ
Jogger

specifically if connected to an iOS phone

Malgosia.
Jogger

Yes! I'd love it if it included calendar notifications from more than 1 email as well.  Personal and work. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.