Have Elevation Changes Update Floors/Stairs

As someone that mountain bikes and hikes quite frequently it bothers me that the elevation gains and losses are not tracked accurately and are converted to flights of stairs in both the app and the tracker. It would be nice to see a software change implemented that would at least show the altitude change as a graph in the app and on the Blaze itself allow the ability to change the readout from stairs to elevation period.

Also as shown in the picture below from the website dashboard an elevation change of around 1000 feet shows up as 90 feet. It reads this way whether I do a single run for the whole trip or if I do a seperate activity for up and down. map.jpg

Moderator edit: Added Labels

15 Comments
Lk-hiker
First Steps
Agreed. It would also be nice if the elevation graph was in line with the other graphs so that elevation could be compared to pace and heart rate and the position on the map.
Turisas
Keeping Pace

yes very useful for hiking trekking and biking maybe a XXX stairs / XXX eq. Meters(ft)

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Both the Blaze and Aurge use GPS for altitude suring walks/runs/hikes/biking

KRNA22
First Steps

I would like this (being able to read real time altitude) in the Blaze as well.  It would massively open up your market to hikers for both devices.  

@hikebikerun wrote:

As someone that mountain bikes and hikes quite frequently it bothers me that the elevation gains and losses are not tracked accurately and are converted to flights of stairs in both the app and the tracker. It would be nice to see a software change implemented that would at least show the altitude change as a graph in the app and on the Blaze itself allow the ability to change the readout from stairs to elevation period.

Also as shown in the picture below from the website dashboard an elevation change of around 1000 feet shows up as 90 feet. It reads this way whether I do a single run for the whole trip or if I do a seperate activity for up and down. map.jpg

Moderator edit: labels.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @hikebikerun thanks for sharing this suggestion. I am curious to see what other community members think and whether they'd be interested in this feature too? Please vote/comment if this is of interest!

swlfanny
Jogger

Yes, Traditional Chinese is desparately needed here please 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Ritch01
Stepping Up

When you finish a walk/hike etc you can see the floors/elevation change.   But when you look back at a exercise in your history you can not see the elevation changes.  Can that be added in to panel when you look at a walk/hike/run?

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Ritch01, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has a lot of votes. As the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

GFred
First Steps
This is specific to non-GPS mode (eats too much battery), my Fitbit Charge 4 still gives me specific "Recent Exercises" on the dashboard that come pretty close to the GPS mode. In addition to heartrate and Cals burned, please include Flights or Elevation. (Would probably require GPS for elevation, so Flights is suggested.)
Status changed to: Needs More Info
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@GFred. Thank you for sharing your Feature Suggestion with the Fitbit Community. We aren't sure what you mean by including flights or elevation on the recent exercises. Do you refer to the Today app on the Charge 4 itself, or do you mean the Fitbit app on your phone? Please reply with more detail or specifics on how this idea would work. We look forward to your response.

GFred
First Steps
On the Fitbit website / Dashboard, "Recent Exercise"...If I click on one of
the Recent Exercises, it will show me Heart Rate as well as Calories Burned
for the duration of that activity.... It would benefit me to also have
Floors as well on that same timeline. (I apologize for using "Flights".)

Make sense?

Gary
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @GFred, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see elevation and floors information on recent exercises when checking the information on the Dashboard online. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

This is currently available when looking at the web based data, it would be nice if we could see it through the app.

Screenshot_20201005-102859_Chrome.jpg

DazzaParker
First Steps
Use the information already provided by the altimeter to display the changes in altitude during an exercise as metres/feet ascended or descended
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @DazzaParker, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to see altitude changes while exercising on the Fitbit app. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

You might be also interested in this similar request: Live Elevation Data (including changes during run/walk) on Fitbit device.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.