Having a section just for friend requests

Currently friend requests appear all mixed and jumbled in with other notifications such as cheers/taunts, comments, new post alerts, etc...Having them appear in their own set place would be great. Also having different setting for different types of preferences, for example some people really do not want fake profiles or random people being able to add them, while others don’t care and would prefer to have an open profile where anyone can add them. Rather than having to go through all notifications and one by one accepting or declining each request, if there were a simpler way that would be great. At the very least not needing to go into their page just to accept it, to go back and do it 100 times over again would be great. Many social media platforms already have something like this in place. I love Fitbit and I love to motivate and inspire and connect with others and also be motivated by them. I enjoy posting and even on other platforms, but when it takes 10 minutes to accept all the friend requests, it takes away the fun. While some may argue they don’t want to accept just anyone, I’m not saying make it necessary however give us options. Perhaps even options of who can message you? Friends, friends of friends, public, anyone, etc... this app is getting more and more innovative and I hope to see it continue to grow! Thank to Fitbit and mfp I’ve lost over 90 pounds ☺️

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

5 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Amberrsophiaa. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having a section in the Fitbit app just for friend requests with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

MarioDings
Sprinter

Great idea. 

Gerry2020
Stepping Up

That’s a very good idea 

FesterSS
First Steps
I would suggest a privacy setting to limit who can send friend requests. Limit by Friends of Friends or Users who can provide proof of knowing me.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @FesterSS, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to to limit who can send friend requests. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. You can also vote for this other suggestion: Make Community Profile Private/unsearchable. A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.