Help trigger a lucid dream by vibrating during REM phase

I've recently found an interesting project on Kickstarter (https://bit.ly/2SMu3e4) that helps people trigger a lucid dream with a bracelet that recognizes REM phase of sleep (which is already one of the Versa's features) and vibrates to remind you and trigger the lucid dream. It also vibrates during the day to perform a reality check. I think that it would be a nice addition to the sleep-tracking section in the Fitbit app.

9 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks a million for sharing this feature @SunsetRunner. You knocked me off my feet! Let’s see what others think.

hazemabdulrab
First Steps

i hope they do this for the charge 3

I was just browsing the forums to see if this was an option and searching for third-party apps that would permit it. I would love this.

Unicorn_Fit
Jogger

WOWWW!??!! This is quite amazing!

I would love this! I tend to have a lot of bad dreams and would love to try and see if it would help.

AdamDavies
Recovery Runner

Surely this can be done?!

slez
First Steps

This is an absolutely great idea. I even considered trying to write an app myself, but it's been too long since I've done any serious programing plus I wasn't sure if an app could read the dream state. If this app ever does become a reality, it could do more than just remind you do a reality check. It can actually help you perform one. Since a good reality check is to look at the time and then look away for a few seconds and then look again. If you are dreaming the time will never be the same. So the app could say, "Time for a reality check," and then flash the time for 15 seconds.

This app could also be a good selling point for fitbit, because there is evidence that athletes can improve in lucid dreams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQXgxMgnDQg

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/dreaming-in-the-digital-age/201505/lucid-dreaming-and-the-fu...

Status changed to: Not currently planned
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. 😊

Pyecrust
First Steps
Hi guys, this was suggested back in 2019 and booted out by FitBit. It's three years on, so can you look at it again, please? How great to get a signal that lets you know you are dreaming! Can't be that hard to program, and the medical evidence shows that athletes can improve their game through lucid dreaming, Cheers
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Pyecrust, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about including a vibration on Fitbit devices during the REM sleep stage. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. As you mentioned, this feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.